HR at Salt Side Technologies
Views:283 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Salt Side Technologies - Backend Developer - Ruby/Golang/Python (4-8 yrs)
About Saltside Technologies :
Our mission is to build leading online marketplaces in underserved markets, creating sustainable value for the community. Saltside Technologies develops and operates websites in emerging markets, with focus set on online classified sites. Currently Saltside operates the top classified sites in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Ghana.
At Saltside, we believe there is a great opportunity to build valuable online products and businesses for emerging markets. In these countries, the vast majority of people have yet to go online for the first time. Affordable cell phones and Internet access will enable them to have their first Internet experience in the coming years - and we think they should be greeted by high quality services and a great end-user experience when they do.
What you'll do :
- We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our fast growing team in Bangalore, India.
- You will play an important role and be a part of creating a product used by millions of people.
- Design and build Web Services containing business logic that will be consumed by front-end client
- Take individual ownership of a project from start to finish delivering on time and with high quality code that is thoroughly tested
- Can take ownership of a codebase & provide meaningful feedback and ways to improve it
- Understand that continuous delivery is really about Continuous Improvement at all levels
- At least 4+ development experience (Ruby/Go/Python preferred but Java is acceptable)
- Have worked in creating Services (preferably RESTFUL) for large-scale server applications using SOA principles
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL preferably MongoDB/DynamoDB
- Experienced in Test Driven Development/Unit Testing
- Experience with Thrift/Protocol Buffers is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile Team
- Extensive experience building large-scale server applications
- Prefer experience with Elastic Search
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
So you think you can ask bold questions, challenge conventional wisdom, value data and can think outside the box? Then here is the place for you to live your passion for technology!