Manager - HCS at Vitasta Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:138 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Ruby On Rails Developer - RDBMS/SQL (4-10 yrs)
Job Title : Ruby on Rails Developer
Department : APAC IT
Our client is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the dental and orthodontic industry.
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer as part of the growing web development team in APAC. This exciting role would be part of a culture that is helping to improve lives every day through digital dentistry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Integrate the application with the other web services.
- Explore and apply new technologies, such as ReactJS and Microservices.
- Ensure web development principles, standards, and best practices are followed for each project.
- Maintenance of existing websites and provide support of critical production issues.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, reviews, design sessions and architectural discussion.
- Work with product team and other development teams to develop user stories and propose high-quality user experience solutions for web and mobile web applications.
- Review and analyse system specifications
- Work with tertiary groups such as Security, Architecture, IT Operations, and QA to ensure quality design, delivery, and adherence to corporate standards.
- Work with various vendors and internal marketing team.
Additional responsibilities :
- A 'can do' attitude, high energy, and creativity are required along with organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written, and visual communication skills, with ability to present findings concisely and effectively.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with developers, program management, and marketing about objectives, requirements and design constraints.
- Solid understanding of agile development principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to design solutions for multiple product requirements.
- High level of technical aptitude and ability to learn new technical systems and tools quickly.
Education and Experience :
- BS/MS degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience developing large-scale Ruby on Rails applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and SQL performance tuning concepts
- Experience in responsive design.
- Experience in testing framework such as Rspec
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Travis, GitLab)
- Experience with AWS and Heroku
- Attention to detail. Has a good UI sense.
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Work Schedule / Hours