HR at Okda Solutions
Views:317 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
RF Engineer - LTE/UTMS (6-8 yrs)
Immediate joiners or Less than 30 Days notice
Role : RF Engineers with T-Mobile-USA Design experience
- Sr. RF Engineer will be responsible for managing deliverables and developing network solutions based on the customer's growth plans, capacity constraints, new features and technologies.
- Responsible for gaining the skills to ensure the technical content on network projects by analyzing the customer's requirements and ensuring that the network solutions proposed will meet the optimum needs of the Wireless customer.
- Provides support to customers for questions or issues and works to respond in a timely manner, typically within 24 hours if possible.
- Proactively seeks methods or solutions that will better a customer network or engineering processes.
- Is a member of the RF Engineering team and applies their technical knowledge to issues related to the development of the RF Network Design.
- Communicates knowledge internally to further develop engineers while maintaining customer confidentiality requirements.
- Where applicable and able, helps to develop new business via any contacts made during projects assuming no risk at discrediting or competing with current core customers.
- Sr RF Engineer will act as a Lead engineer that tracks all Milestones for a project and be able to provide weekly and monthly reports to insure progress.
- Engineer must be able to keep overall project on schedule and meet the client's overall expectations.
- Sr. RF Engineer will be participating in design scoping sessions and be responsible for system planning and design to support wireless operators and DAS companies.
- He/she will develop coverage and capacity solutions to deliver superior customer experiences for a variety of locations where customer is facing coverage and/or capacity issues.
- Solutions will include location assessment in MapInfo, RF design, Creating RFDSs, RNDCIQs, integration, and finally optimize the network.
- Engineer will interface with customer market RF Leads and Managers.
- Sr. RF Engineer will be responsible from the beginning of a RF design until the final site activation and work a larger list of site that are worked on by a design team of engineers.
- Some sites might be brand new site builds, but the majority will be modifications to existing sites.
Experience and Qualifications :
- Minimum of 5+ years- work experience in RF Design for LTE / UMTS working on active networks that need upgrades, modifications, and/or overlays to improve coverage and capacity.
- Engineer should have TMO experience in designing sites and preparing RFDS and plumbing diagrams for new site builds or sites that are being modified.
- TMO experience should be recent enough to know how to use tools such as Elements, Asset, CIQ Tool, E911 Tool, TEMS, Actix, Hotrod, and other tools to support design efforts.
- Individual should be able to manage their work either as an individual contributor, or part of a design team.
- Engineer should have experience in participating in design scoping meetings with development teams to arrive at a final site design.
- Engineer should be familiar with general design guidelines and restrictions in the industry that may limit a site design and therefore be able to design a site that reaches its intended purpose.
- Other RF experience that will be need includes: Being able to work with performance engineers to evaluate network and site performance trending, site capacity, band selection, and multi-tech layer considerations.
- Optimization and equipment specific OSS experience is welcomed.
- Other experience should include: evaluating a site cell plan for coverage, capacity, and quality.
- Be able to evaluate coverage and capacity by using engineering tools to review propagation, performance statistics, drive test data, and other data.
- Must be able to consider zoning restrictions during design phase to insure site buildability.
- Is a member of the RF Engineering team and applies their technical knowledge to issues related to the development of the RF Network Design and Optimization.
- Sr. Engineer will have to be able to participate in site walks, evaluation walks, and field visits for all phases of a site design or modification. This could include multiple candidate checks for new site builds, or various site evaluations for site overlays or modifications.
- Engineer must be able to review site drawings and be able to red line if changes are required; from an RF perspective.
- Individual should be able to maintain documentation and history on sites they work on (for their own knowledge as well as to provide a history to the company of changes and justification for changes.
- It is very important that this information be input to company database tools to be able to share info with all departments that are participating in the designs.
- Sr. Engineer will also support sites as they are being build/upgraded, and eventually work with integration team to test the site when it is being activated.
- Engineer will be responsible for using CIQ tools, and be able to update 911 related tools, to insure testing and successful site turn up.
- Must be Familiar with evaluating indoor and outdoor coverage, as well as applying how that is impacted in various clutter types: Urban, Suburban, and Rural; heavy building clutter, open space, over water, etc.
- Must be able to quickly get up to speed in working with engineering tools in order to support work projects. This might include how to use propagation tools, company databases, company information systems, and custom tools that will be required to meet the job requirements.
- Must have experience with LTE parameters, KPI counters, Operational Performance Indicator (OPI) counters, and associated call scenarios. Skills to review daily KPI reports and identify sites with performance degradation issues is required.
- Must have deep experience in network performance components and troubleshooting. Network performance problem detection and solution methods, e.g., throughput issues, connection drops, blocks, etc.
- Maintains a general understanding of wireless communication principles and theories as they apply to the design, operation, and optimization of wireless networks.
- Experience with system performance drive tests including cell site shakedown/ verification, cluster or market benchmark drive tests, and/or CW tests.
- Knowledge on Ericsson OSS for site integration, parameter audit, parameter tuning, neighbors etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge on RF Design tools preferably on iBwave/Atoll/Asset is a plus.
- Understanding of RF parameters: PCI, PSC, PN, frequency planning
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and must speak and write fluently in English.
- Self-motivated personality and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong teamwork, discipline to follow process, good communication and documentation skills
- B.S./M.S. in Engineering, Electronics, Computer Information Systems, Telecommunications or related field or at least 6-8 years of equivalent work experience required.
- Proficient in MapInfo, MS Office, especially Excel (formulas, running macros) and MS PowerPoint