Talent Acquisition at Reliance Jio
Views:253 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Reliance Jio - Lead Backend Architect - Java (12-16 yrs)
As a Lead Backend Architect, you will have the unique and highly valued responsibility of building our backend infrastructure from scratch. Your duties will begin with architecting the infotainment system backend, including defining the backend technology stack. The backend system you build should be robust, scalable, and secure to support our mobile applications, fleet management, and data needs. You will work on a cross-collaborative team comprising of experienced automotive engineers, designers and technologists. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
This team is responsible for overall system architecture and performance, maintenance of a NoSQL database schema and the API layer that wraps it, and various development and operations tasks (Dev/Ops). Develop the vision and road-map of organization's technology strategy. Lead the architecture and execution of it. Identify new technology trends and keep an eye on consumer's evolving behavior in electronic and Web commerce.
Skills & Requirements:
- 12+ years of proven experience in building complex, large scale internet based systems.
- Must have experience in Back-end development in in various web based technology companies, with strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Strong understanding of Java.
- Significant development and delivery experience in leading large projects
- Hands-on coding experience with popular languages and web stacks.
- Planning for and executing architectural changes in a rapidly growing and evolving business
- Enhancing and maintaining a rapidly evolving API layer that wraps a NoSQL database
- Assessing system performance and driving the necessary architectural or code changes based on test results
- Collaborating with other software engineering teams on significant enhancements that require architectural changes
- Maintaining and simplifying the existing codebase for speed and memory footprint
- Profiling the speed of new and existing features
- Collaborating with a geographically distributed team
- Experience designing and maintaining scalable software systems and their architectures. Able to plan and execute performance tests, and profile and optimize code
- Demonstrated knowledge of building high-performance custom software systems and architectures
- Good database skills, both SQL and NoSQL databases; MongoDB, Redis experience a plus. Familiarity with design patterns
- Worked with a variety of stacks
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- BS in computer science or equivalent degree
- Familiarity with versioning systems such as Git
- Familiarity or a willingness to learn in a partially self-directed manner
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies is a plus
- Passionate about technology, and scalable architecture