Manager - HR at Rediff.com
Views:2387 Applications:230 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:223
Rediff.com - Platform Engineer/Developer - C/C++/Linux (4-10 yrs)
Introduction : We at Rediff have taken a lead position in the enterprise messaging space in India.
Rediff's enterprise team works with enterprises, educational institutions, government agencies, etc. helping them meet their messaging and collaboration needs, by using cutting edge niche technologies and modern computer science methodologies.
As a Platform Engineer, you will get the opportunity to work with the designers/developers or suppliers of various components of systems and customize them for building pioneering solutions in the messaging and collaboration domain. You will get to play with cross functional teams at Rediff, ranging from system engineers, solution architects, data modeling experts, performance engineers and Subject Matter Experts for storage, network & service operations.
- You will be responsible for developing new features & technology and integrating them with Rediff's indigenous solutions in the messaging and collaboration domain. Part of responsibilities will also include evaluation, customization and integration of open source technologies, products & solutions and ensure that they meet the required performance and security benchmarks.
- You will have the opportunity to interface with experts in the industry, research and play with core components of the messaging platform such as spam filters, queue managers, storage systems and keep in pace with the developments in the global email ecosystem.
- You will be directly responsible for further developing the platform based on business and operational requirements and serve as a subject matter expert for frameworks, methods and tools used for assuring the scale, reliability and security of the platform.
Qualifications & Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Master's Degree preferred
- 5+ yrs of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Design build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable C/C++ code.
- Should have advanced design, programming skills and knowledge of agile methodologies for software product development.
- Sound knowledge of OS fundamentals, C/C++ programming, multithreading and network programming, basic knowledge of SQL, exposure to code versioning tools like GIT/CVS/SVN, basic knowledge of internet and web servers.
- Good knowledge of Linux Process management, File system architecture and Threading Models, exposure to POSIX based threading and Inter Process Communication programming techniques, sound understanding of TCP/IP stack and exposure to network programming, familiarity with Linux scripting using shell/perl etc, familiarity of OS performance evaluation tools like dstat, iostat, atop etc will be and advantage.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ languge, fundamental data structures and data modeling, STL containers and algorithms, good understanding of memory management (non-grababge collected environment), excellent knowledge of OOPS, familiarity with library design and writing native modules/extensions for PHP, Node.js, Python etc is good to have, familiarity with design patterns is an advantage
- Experience on messaging platforms and protocols like SMTP, POP3, IMAP, Jabber, IMPS, etc is desired. Experience with MTAs such as Qmail, Postfix and standards such as DKIM, SPF, DMARC is a plus.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP concepts with ability to analyze network traffic using tools like WireShark and tcpdump. Familiarity with development tools like gdb, Makefile, valgrind, elefence etc., proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, CVS, SVN., familiarity with continuous integration tools is a plus, knowledge of internet and web servers (http protocol) will be and added advantage.
- Use your technical prowess to architect and develop cutting edge real life solutions and products that offer a delight to enterprises and help increase their productivity.