Rebel Foods - Design Head - UI/UX - Faasos (3-8 yrs)
A Rebel Head of Design - UI/UX
If your brain is flooded with questions around the relevance of a role like - Head of Design - UI/UX- in a restaurant company, take a look at the companies that are the consumer internet greats of our times. Although these industries existed for hundreds of years, a few managed to disrupt it with the power of their product. Imagine how interesting a role like - Head of Design- can be at Amazon - a retail company, AirBNB - a hospitality company, or Netflix - a media services company. Today these are one of the most valuable consumer firms. They are trying to disrupt their respective ecosystems everyday through the power of their product, by ensuring path breaking and delightful experiences every time. The only industry where there hasn- t been any such major breakthrough is the restaurant industry.
We at Rebel Foods are trying to make that happen. Today, with 2200+ virtual / delivery only internet restaurants comprising of Faasos, Behrouz Biryani, Oven story pizza and others, Rebel is the world's largest and fastest growing internet restaurant company. We hope you realize how supremely powerful a product built on such a unique platform can be. A Head of Design at Rebel will be responsible for reincarnation of the industry and get us closer to our dream of becoming the world's most valuable restaurant company.
In case you are interested in deep diving into the kind of work we have already done and the kind we endeavor to do, the blogs below might be a good start.
Design History @ Rebel :
- In order to understand more about the challenges that you might face at Rebel, it's important that we go back to the inception and get acquainted with our journey till date. From the times when we were an offline business having high street stores having one brand, to our evolution as a company that uses smart kitchens - we have traversed the phone, web and app channels over time.
- From being a single brand restaurant, we moved to being a parent company with a dozen restaurant brands under the umbrella, while simultaneously moving our operations from a single kitchen to more than 225 + locations across 18 cities.
- All of this was achieved through products built to power innovation and through continuous delivery of unique and delightful experiences to our customers.
- We are a 4 people team currently in UI/UX - Design, which we are ramping up because of the kind of products we envision to build which is going to change the way people order food.
- At Rebel, each and every designer is a product owner and are responsible for one or more products. To give you an additional perspective, the team has built more than 30 products in the last 4 years.
- It spans across 10 brand websites and App, driver apps, CRM tools, kitchen operation systems, dashboards and reporting systems, loyalty programs, invite & earn programs, analytics systems/dashboards which goes on and on. This has enabled us to tackle the massive complexity of a multi-brand operation while keeping all parts of the business dexterous and optimized.
Future of Design @ Rebel :
- We are now onto the task of building our next generation of products to disrupt the food space.
- This will start with revamping our consumer facing products and streamlining internal systems and processes through breakthrough innovations.
- We at Rebel are currently building the Brain ( AI, Machine Learning, analytics to drive every business decision of the company), the Body (robotics/IOT led automation at our Kitchens, driving tremendous operational efficiency) and the Mind ( a virtual Food Court - on App - a Disney + of food and physical food courts on the lines of Amazon Go, an AI/ ML driven virtual personal butler for customers across app, web and voice).
- Design comes at the forefront of all these initiatives. We build products through design and that's at the epitome of all decision making. Which also means the design team has to work with each and every function like Product teams, Engineering teams, Operations and other business teams in the company to build amazing products which are path breaking.
The Role :
To get closer to our ambitious vision, we want to build products through design everytime and thus need someone to get on board who can put together a team, work on the design framework and deliver magic.
- He/she should be customer obsessed, smart and strategic yet execution focused.
- Passionate about solving problems through great design and must have shown entrepreneurial leadership in the past. He/she will be responsible for designing products for both internal and external customers.
- You will work closely with the Engineering and Product teams and will report to the CTO of the company - who is also a founding member at Rebel.
The Rebel Culture:
Finally, but most importantly, Rebel is not your usual workplace.
The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will be the best fit for our company. We suggest you go through it before making up your mind. It's not everyone's cup of tea.