Human Resources at Quicklogic Software
Views:141 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Quicklogic Software - Staff Software Engineer - EDA Tools (8-12 yrs)
The Staff Software Engineer - EDA is key member of the QuickLogic India team and will report to Director of Software of QuickLogic India (QLI).
The Staff Software Engineer EDA will be an integral part of EDA tools team at QLI, with primary responsibility for full life cycle development of EDA tools for programmable fabric devices. The role holder will be also responsible for identifying and resolving problems based on broad objectives and customer issues.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Full life cycle software development including design, development, testing and documentation of EDA tools for programmable devices
- Utilize Object-oriented programming methodology using C++ & STL for design and implementation of current and next generation QuickLogic products
- Perform detailed analysis, identify root causes and arrive at suitable solutions during all phases of the software development life cycle
- Engage and team up with colleagues globally, and leverage technical skills to produce results with a high degree of responsiveness, regardless of time and geographical differences
- Resolve wide range of issues in a creative way, exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques to arrive at solutions
Key Activities for the position include but are not limited to :
- Immediate work involves developing routing algorithms for router/placer component of Aurora, EDA Software tool.
- Take technical ownership of router area in EDA flow. It includes proposing, defining & developing new features in ownership area(s); resolving customer issues; mentoring & working in team.
- Work on different phases of software development cycle, from gathering requirement specification to delivery.
- Design & develop the assigned projects, following best practices in defining object oriented methodology and implementing it by effectively using C++ & STL.
- Giving utmost importance to quality and robustness of the deliverables. It is achieved by doing a thorough functional unit testing of the implemented features.
Education/Knowledge & Skills Profile :
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech in CS/Electronics/Electrical Engineering, from Tier-I engineering colleges (IITs, BITS-Pilani, NITs), with 8-12 years of experience in EDA tools development.
- Strong academic background and good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Prior experience is required in FPGA place and/or router tool development.
- Strong in object-oriented programming using C++ & STL.
- Good Understanding of C, Shell scripting, Makefiles, Tcl & Lex/Yacc
- Prior Experience in using SVN/Bug tracking tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to respond positively to change
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, in English