HR executive at Qtel Comtech Limited
Views:94 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Qtel Comtech - Software Developer - Embedded Linux/C/C++ (2-3 yrs)
About Us :
Qtel is an ISO 9001-2000 & 10002:2004 Certified Company founded in 1999. We leverage our strength in critical technology for self-service commerce in banking, transportation, utility, bill-pay solutions end-to-end. These are innovative, reliable and easy to use and can be configured to suit a variety of applications and consumer needs.
Qtel's wide range of solutions & products are currently deployed with leading companies processing millions of transactions. Our service & support ensures consumer delight.
- Architecting, implementing and Maintaining an Embedded Linux image for embedded products
- Writing expert-level software in C/C++ for Embedded Linux devices
- Participating in software design process by asking questions, "poking holes," offering suggestions, etc.
- Following industry best practices when implementing software, especially around areas surrounding security and privacy
- Testing software via automated methods, including but not limited to writing and running unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests, as well as manual methods.
- Using visual design, information architecture, and interaction design to assist the writing of working software
- Checking code into version control according to company version control policy Keeping up on changes and advances in the technical world.
- Participating in architecture discussions and decisions
- Participation in code reviews
Basic Skills :
- At least 2 years of professional experience programming with C/C++.
- At least 2 years of professional experience as technical lead with responsibilities for architecture development, unit and system design, detailed implementation and test.
- Expert level of understanding of Linux Applications on Embedded devices
- Expert level of understanding of threading, message queues, IPC, and memory management
- Detailed understanding of Remote Procedure Call and Data Serialization
- Understanding of advanced software engineering techniques
- Knowledge of multiple areas of software engineering
- Experience implementing automated tests, including unit, functional, and integration tests
- Advanced version control and SCM knowledge such as Subversion, Git, and Mercurial.
- At least 2 years- experience developing Qt applications (or similar application framework experience)
- Testing and debugging experience on embedded Linux platforms
Enhanced Skills :
- Experience designing and implementing JSON messaging
- Experience interfacing embedded devices with Enterprise or Cloud based systems
- Experience using a Linux platform build system like Wind River or Open Embedded/Angstrom
- Project planning/management
- Languages: ASM, Java, Objective-C, Ruby, Java script, HTML, Python
- Networking protocols: TCP, UDP, HTTP
- Security and encryption protocols such as SSL, TLS, SSH, PKI, AES
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices.