Puma Energy - Technical Architect - Mobile App Designing (10-12 yrs)
Position Title : Technical Architect - Mobile
Puma Energy is a global integrated midstream and downstream oil company active in close to 49 countries. Formed in 1997 in Central America, Puma Energy has since expanded its activities worldwide, achieving rapid growth, diversification and product line development. The company directly manages over 8,333 employees. Headquartered in Singapore, it has regional hubs in Johannesburg (South Africa), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Brisbane (Australia), Tallinn (Estonia) and has recently setup a Global Delivery Centre in Mumbai (India).
Puma Energy's core activities in the midstream sector include the supply, storage and transportation of petroleum products. Puma Energy's downstream activities include the distribution, retail sales and wholesale of a wide range of refined products, with additional product offerings in the lubricants, bitumen, LPG and marine bunkering sectors. Puma Energy's activities are underpinned by investment in infrastructure, which optimises supply chain systems, capturing value as both asset owner and marketer of product. Puma Energy currently has a global network of over 3,000 retail service stations. Puma Energy also provides a robust platform for independent entrepreneurs to develop their businesses, by providing a viable alternative to traditional market supply sources.
Puma Processing Services LLP (PEPS) established in Year 2018, represents Puma Energy's first captive off-shoring unit based in Mumbai, India. PEPS manages mid office and back office activities for Puma Businesses across verticals like Retail, B2B, Aviation, and enabling functions like IT & corporate. This offshore unit serves countries part of Africa Continent, Middle East and Asia Pacific and further extends support to group in Geneva for its core activities. PEPS currently supports Puma group through departments like: Finance, Business Support Management (BSM), HRSS and IT.
The current employee strength of [100+] is expected to grow further to 300 by end of FY 2020.
Department : Puma IT
Main Purpose of the role :
- Define technology and architecture principles including standards and guidelines, to guide the digital transformation initiatives.
- Design overall solutions and individual applications
Key Responsibilities :
- Defining the overall technical architecture for portal and mobile applications
- Defining the technical requirements for the implementation of the portal and mobile solution
- Discussing technical aspects of the portal and mobile application, solution architecture, including the technology used, methodology followed, and devices selected with the customer
- Deep hands on experience in DXP Platform on preferably on LifeRay, or Sitecore, Adobe.
- Deep hands on experience on Mobile technologies/platforms like Liferay Mobile SDK, Xamarin, Outsystems, React
- Hands-on experience in Angular JS, Node.Js and relevant Portal technologies and skills
- Understanding of Portal and Mobile security protocols, performance improvement techniques, analytics and social channel integration.
- Understanding various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and provide a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc.
- Responsible for successfully designing and managing the delivery of portal and mobile solutions and technologies
- Deliver portal and mobile platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices
- Develop and document detailed architectures for portal and mobile solutions on iOS, Android and Hybrid platforms
- Lead and mentor development teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Qualification - BE or B.tech in IT / Comp science.
- 10-12 years of total experience with atleast 5 yrs in mobile domain experience
- Expertise in iOS, Android, HTML5, CSS3, and other mobile frameworks
- Expertise in Liferay or Sitecore or any other CMS or DXP platforms for Portals
- Proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes across disparate systems and mobile technologies
- Experience with mobile analytics
- Demonstrated deployments of enterprise or consumer-facing mobile software systems using industry standard environments including iOS, Android, PhoneGap (Apache Cordova), and React Native
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift, Java, HTML5/JS/CSS3, Angular JS, NodejS
- Experience overseeing team members
- A thorough understanding of OOP, design patterns, iOS, Android, and enterprise in mobile application integration
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions
Key Relationships :
- Puma IT Teams (Local, Regional and Global)
- Third party vendors
Reporting Structure : Puma IT Architecture Lead
Equal Opportunity Employer :
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.