Puma Energy - Salesforce Technical Architect - Apex/Visual Force (7-10 yrs)
Position Title : Salesforce Technical Architect
Puma Energy is a global integrated midstream and downstream oil company active in close to 49 countries. Formed in 1997 in Central America, Puma Energy has since expanded its activities worldwide, achieving rapid growth, diversification and product line development. The company directly manages over 8,333 employees. Headquartered in Singapore, it has regional hubs in Johannesburg (South Africa), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Brisbane (Australia), Tallinn (Estonia) and has recently setup a Global Delivery Centre in Mumbai (India).
Puma Energy's core activities in the midstream sector include the supply, storage and transportation of petroleum products. Puma Energy's downstream activities include the distribution, retail sales and wholesale of a wide range of refined products, with additional product offerings in the lubricants, bitumen, LPG and marine bunkering sectors. Puma Energy's activities are underpinned by investment in infrastructure, which optimises supply chain systems, capturing value as both asset owner and marketer of product. Puma Energy currently has a global network of over 3,000 retail service stations. Puma Energy also provides a robust platform for independent entrepreneurs to develop their businesses, by providing a viable alternative to traditional market supply sources.
Puma Processing Services LLP (PEPS) established in Year 2018, represents Puma Energy's first captive off-shoring unit based in Mumbai, India. PEPS manages mid office and back office activities for Puma Businesses across verticals like Retail, B2B, Aviation, and enabling functions like IT & corporate. This offshore unit serves countries part of Africa Continent, Middle East and Asia Pacific and further extends support to group in Geneva for its core activities. PEPS currently supports Puma group through departments like: Finance, Business Support Management (BSM), HRSS and IT.
The current employee strength of [100+] is expected to grow further to 300 by end of FY 2020.
Department : Puma IT
Main Purpose of the role :
- The Delivery lead role will be responsible for delivering projects for Puma Energy. This involves delivery managing IT projects as well as all the inter-dependencies with other systems / applications / business readiness to go live of the project.
- Also the role requires managing of various suppliers for development and testing to ensure that they deliver to the quality and standard setup by Puma Energy IT.
- Understanding business requirements and translating these into technical solutions based on SFDC Platform.
- Designing and creating the underlying data structure and data flows to support the application build.
- Designing and building web & mobile interfaces on the Force.com platform using Visualforce, Apex and other available tools.
- Undertaking R&D, prototyping and are expected to actively participate in the Salesforce.com community.
- Strong problem solving skills, should be able to research and understand an undocumented set up and application
- Demonstrated experience of unit, integration and end to end system testing and performance tuning of application & documenting the same.
- Knowledge on Source Control is must.
- The candidate must also be able to identify and confirm technical design risks, and develop mitigating approaches, judge the tradeoffs with technology and feasibility and makes choices that fit the constraints of the project.
- The candidate must also have experience providing level of effort estimates for technical portion of solutions. This is a hands on role that requires significant technical experience and abilities with Salesforce and related cloud technologies.
- 7-10 years of software development on object oriented technologies and atleast 5+ Years of SFDC Platform and its module offerings
- Proven capability in architecting Salesforce solutions independently and designing software on the Force.com platform, with hands-on participation.
- Strong technical foundation including knowledge different programming paradigms OOP/ Functional Programming/ Procedural Programming.
- Strong functional/ systems design experience with enterprise level systems and ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual design decisions.
- Deep understanding of RDBMS concepts and structures, knowledge of SQL, SOQL, structured system analysis and design methods, agile delivery methodologies, data integration and migration, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Apex, Visual Force, Lightning, Chatter API, Connect API, Tooling API, Metadata API, Rest API, SOAP API, Bulk API etc.
- Exposure to latest technologies like Einstein Analytics and Lightning Components and Web Components
- Must already possess Salesforce Developer certification and ideally already a Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (or in progress or committed to undertake such Certification path in coming year)
- Strong experience in Agile methodology & experience in designing workflow rules to enforce business processes
Reporting Structure - Reporting into Sr. Solution Architect
Equal Opportunity Employer :
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.