Puma Energy - Delivery Lead - Project Management (8-12 yrs)
Position Title : Delivery Lead
Puma Energy is a global integrated midstream and downstream oil company active in close to 49 countries. Formed in 1997 in Central America, Puma Energy has since expanded its activities worldwide, achieving rapid growth, diversification and product line development. The company directly manages over 8,333 employees. Headquartered in Singapore, it has regional hubs in Johannesburg (South Africa), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Brisbane (Australia), Tallinn (Estonia) and has recently setup a Global Delivery Centre in Mumbai (India).
Puma Energy's core activities in the midstream sector include the supply, storage and transportation of petroleum products. Puma Energy's downstream activities include the distribution, retail sales and wholesale of a wide range of refined products, with additional product offerings in the lubricants, bitumen, LPG and marine bunkering sectors. Puma Energy's activities are underpinned by investment in infrastructure, which optimises supply chain systems, capturing value as both asset owner and marketer of product. Puma Energy currently has a global network of over 3,000 retail service stations. Puma Energy also provides a robust platform for independent entrepreneurs to develop their businesses, by providing a viable alternative to traditional market supply sources.
Puma Processing Services LLP (PEPS) established in Year 2018, represents Puma Energy's first captive off-shoring unit based in Mumbai, India. PEPS manages mid office and back office activities for Puma Businesses across verticals like Retail, B2B, Aviation, and enabling functions like IT & corporate. This offshore unit serves countries part of Africa Continent, Middle East and Asia Pacific and further extends support to group in Geneva for its core activities. PEPS currently supports Puma group through departments like: Finance, Business Support Management (BSM), HRSS and IT.
The current employee strength of [100+] is expected to grow further to 300 by end of FY 2020.
Department : Puma IT
Main Purpose of the role :
- Delivery lead role will be responsible for delivering projects for Puma Energy. This involves delivery managing IT projects as well as all the inter-dependencies with other systems / applications / business readiness to go live of the project.
- Also the role requires managing of various suppliers for development and testing to ensure that they deliver to the quality and standard setup by Puma Energy IT.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Programme and Project Management
- Risk & Issue Management, Quality management, Supplier management
- Knowledge of agile and waterfall delivery methodologies
- Knowledge of system integration and Application Support constructs and delivery models
- Finance and cost management, Metrics setup and measurements
- Release management, configuration management and deployment /roll-out management
Key Responsibilities :
1. Functionally and technically understand the Project needs and decide which methodology and delivery approach is best suitable for the project.
2. Hands-on day to day execution of the Project and overseeing E2E Delivery of the project from Requirements to Go-live and Post-Golive activities
3. Deep understanding of not only standard SDLC lifecycle but all understanding of Non Functional and BCP/DR requirements of the project
4. Develop work package based on project scope, requirements and specific work responsibilities for the location and obtain sign-off.
5. Managing delivery of the IT Project from initiation to post go-live warranty and transition to support
6. Secure location resources based the specific skill and budget requirements.
7. Assess engagement performance, risks, issues and impact on solution and service delivery commitments, client relationships, etc.
8. Assess options to address the risks and issues and improve the engagement performance.
9. Make governance decisions and identify action items.
10. Own development of plan to review and manage client expectations throughout delivery.
11. Own confirmation of client expectations at the start of delivery and the ongoing review of client expectations progress, confirming expectations back with the client, sharing them across the delivery team, and maintaining them in the Client Relationship Tool.
12. Create and maintain the annual operating plan based on the service strategy.
13. Manage the resource strategy.
14. Review internal process improvement log to identify possible future demand.
15. Review the portfolio management plan and service strategy to identify internal demand.
16. Review the work plans created across his or her area of responsibility. Validate schedule, dependencies, and resource utilization across work plans.
17. Create an integrated project plan from the individual project plans, showing the high-level flow of project milestones and dependencies across projects. Use the plan to rebalance work and manage variances across projects.
18. Review and approve the Deliverable Responsibility Matrix.
19. Make sure that cross-project and cross-team demands on client reviewers are balanced and reasonable.
20. Monitor and control the quality management process, manage expectations, conduct milestone reviews, manage process performance, conduct continuous improvement and causal analysis activities.
21. Manage the risk response when risks are realized.
22. Maintain the contingency allocation in alignment with the risk.
23. Has overall accountability for managing the risk of the engagement. The Delivery Lead is supported by the engagement Quality Manager that oversees the Risk Management process for the engagement.
24. Monitor all issues that affect their team, project, or program.
25. Monitor overall performance of the vendor throughout the vendor's relationship with that program, project or service.
26. Assess performance against delivery plan.
27. Assess risks to delivery and performance targets.
28. Review current mitigation and resolution activities.
29. Address performance risks and issues determine and assign corrective actions.
30. Oversee the implementation of corrective actions.
31. Monitor effectiveness of improvement actions taken
Key Relationships :
- Knowledge of Agile delivery, SDLC, Program and Project management
- Systems Integration and Application Enhancement/Maintenance
Reporting Structure :
- Reporting into Program / Portfolio IT Lead
Equal Opportunity Employer :
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.