Puma Energy - Data Scientist/Architect - Business Intelligence/Data Modeling (10-15 yrs)
Position Title : Data Scientist / Architect
Puma Energy is a global integrated midstream and downstream oil company active in close to 49 countries. Formed in 1997 in Central America, Puma Energy has since expanded its activities worldwide, achieving rapid growth, diversification and product line development. The company directly manages over 8,333 employees. Headquartered in Singapore, it has regional hubs in Johannesburg (South Africa), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Brisbane (Australia), Tallinn (Estonia) and has recently setup a Global Delivery Centre in Mumbai (India).
Puma Energy's core activities in the midstream sector include the supply, storage and transportation of petroleum products. Puma Energy's downstream activities include the distribution, retail sales and wholesale of a wide range of refined products, with additional product offerings in the lubricants, bitumen, LPG and marine bunkering sectors. Puma Energy's activities are underpinned by investment in infrastructure, which optimises supply chain systems, capturing value as both asset owner and marketer of product. Puma Energy currently has a global network of over 3,000 retail service stations. Puma Energy also provides a robust platform for independent entrepreneurs to develop their businesses, by providing a viable alternative to traditional market supply sources.
Puma Processing Services LLP (PEPS) established in Year 2018, represents Puma Energy's first captive off-shoring unit based in Mumbai, India. PEPS manages mid office and back office activities for Puma Businesses across verticals like Retail, B2B, Aviation, and enabling functions like IT & corporate. This offshore unit serves countries part of Africa Continent, Middle East and Asia Pacific and further extends support to group in Geneva for its core activities. PEPS currently supports Puma group through departments like: Finance, Business Support Management (BSM), HRSS and IT.
The current employee strength of [100+] is expected to grow further to 300 by end of FY 2020.
Department : Puma IT
Main Purpose of the role :
Responsible for the Enterprise data model for Puma Energy. Defining the Data Model blueprint, governance and control of the data. Responsible for setting up the data quality and BI strategy and implement the same for Puma Energy. Responsible for driving the BI/Analytics Technology and Deliveries for Puma Energy
Key Responsibilities :
- Experience in Enterprise data model and design. Deep expertise in setting up the BI and Data strategy for Puma Energy
- Setting up the BI/Data Analytics delivery stream in Puma Energy from defining the technology stack required and implementing the same with internal employees and external vendors.
- Defining the data quality standards and ensuring that the new systems and products implemented in Puma Energy adhere to the data quality standard
- Hands-on experience in settings up Data Lake, data warehouses and BI tools. Preferably on Azure stack and PowerBI
- Good exposure and expertize in predictive modelling, implementation, analysis and insights
- Expertise in various statistical modelling required for driving analytics and predations to enable business to make decisions more reliably.
- Ability to interact with Business Analysts and end users in the business to understand business problems and drive solutions using data insights and analytics and reporting
- Responsible for running the BI/Analytics delivery team as well and setting up the required structure to support the BI applications that are live and used by business in production
- Preparing technical solution and architecture documents and presentations for the customer
- Experience in developing reusable artifact- s/frameworks, re-usable assets, Industry solutions, reference architecture, design, development and QA best practice
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Qualification - BE or B.tech in IT / Comp science. Qualifications in Maths and Statistics is a good to have
- 10+ years of total experience with atleast 5 yrs in mobile domain experience
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Should have good communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Should be hands-on, delivery focused with a strong sense of ownership
Key Relationships :
- Global Business managers & IT PMs
- Puma and TRAF IT Teams (Local, Regional and Global)
- Third party vendors
Reporting Structure - CTO
Equal Opportunity Employer :
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.