PROS Architect/Administrator - Software Configuration (10-17 yrs)
Job Title : PROS Architect/Administrator
Job Location : Electronic City, Bangalore
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand business objectives, translate them into application design/solution and transition the application into an operational status.
- Work with project managers, technical leads, IT department staff and vendors to develop strong PROS pricing solutions for the different business units of Merck.
- Builds and maintains a long-term technology stack and development/upgrade roadmap for multiple PROS pricing installations at Merck.
- Architect and implement the integration of ERP and CRM systems with the overall technical environment, including a focus on user management/single-sign on, mobile application enablement, application integrations and performance optimization.
- Leads and participates in problem-solving (mentoring) on complex systems.
- Define interaction between different application components, including sizing and monitoring thereof
- Provide functional support and optimization services.
- An ability to identify the root cause of problems as well as an ability to determine a solution, implement, test, move to Production.
- Establish and promote best practices and patterns in IT applications and software development, like continuous integration, automated testing, system & application monitoring etc..
- Collaborate with other architects, developers and business to develop complex solutions.
- Experience and knowledge about the strengths, weakness, and usage patterns of PROS pricing
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Total of 12+ years of experience
- 5+ years of pricing software configuration, implementation and consulting experience.
- Extensive experience with different modules of PROS (Control, Smart CPQ & Guidance)
- Ability to deep dive into and easily understand complex data structures and data flows.
- Solid Understanding of application development lifecycle and development standards
- Management and coordination experience with large systems rollout.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of common server operating systems and state-of-the-art components, like IIS web server.
- Project management and planning skills.
- Time management; prioritization.
- Ability to influence, lead and mentor team members without a direct reporting structure.
- Strong cross-culture & cross-team communication/coordination skills.
- Sound knowledge of current digitalization & IT trends and underlying technology with focus on pricing.
- Solid understanding of applicable architecture.
- Understanding of Security & Quality standards.
Required Technical Skills :
- Certified PROS PPSS expert (Control, Smart CPQ & Guidance)
- Application Architecture
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- CRM such as Salesforce
- ETL such as Informatica