Careers at Optum, a UnitedHealth Group Company
Views:2026 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Project Manager - Java/PLM/Oracle (9-12 yrs)
Discipline - Information Technology
Industry - Applications Development
Job Description :
Primary Responsibilities :
- Delivery Management: Ensuring timely delivery and management of upgrades of various PLM (Project Lifecycle Management) projects/products like Oracle, Java, BI Tools, WAS, MySQL, MS SQL Server etc.
- Should have hands on exposure of Product Lifecycle Management especially on Oracle, IBM WebSphare Application Servers, MySQL Linux/Unix, MS SQL Server, etc.
- Good understanding of Oracle, MySQL, Java & .Net technologies.
- Budget Management: Taking ownership of managing budget for entire applications landscape.
- Team & Resource Management: Hiring, Appraisals, Retention, Resource Pyramid Management, Travels, Trainings, Team motivation and strong team connect, Optimize the mix of resources to obtain maximum results at minimal cost
- Process/Quality Management : SS&MO process compliance, QMS compliance, ensuring superior delivery quality, performance and continuous improvement.
- Communication Management: Keeping the partners and all stakeholders informed about all engagement metrics at all times, Dashboard reporting.
- Assist teams with problem triage, coordination with various stakeholders and technical teams
- Resolve issues with application-level service performance
- Identify, sponsor and implement continuous improvement initiatives within the SSMO unit.
- Solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Self-motivated & self-motivated
- Should be open to work in shifts (for overnight as well).
- Participate in on-call responsibilities 24x7x365
Desired Skills/Qualification :
- Educational Qualification : B.Tech./MCA/Graduation (Minimum 15 years of formal education, Correspondence courses are not relevant).
- 9-12 years of total experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, co-ordination skills.
- Hands-On extensive experience in Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Java/J2EE, .Net Technologies, etc.
- Have actively worked on upgrades of Oracle, Linux, MySQL, MS SQL Servers, WAS, etc.
- Strong people connect and able to build strong relationships.
- Good experience in handling mid to large sized team of 20 - 30 members
- PMP Certified
- Should be open to work in extended shifts and during US day time hours
Preferred Skills :
- Deal effectively will technical and business management
- Familiarity with ITIL framework and IT operational best practices is desired. ITIL certification would be the added advantage.
- Thorough understanding Operations and Maintenance activities and processes
- Ability to work collaboratively in global project with a positive team spirit and ensure team work & coordination.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.