Project Manager - Embedded System Development - Automotive Domain (10-15 yrs)
Job Description (Project Manager) :
- We are looking for proactive candidates with a strong embedded system project management background.
- The candidate must be able to build a strong project management team, define global project management processes and procedures, and guide the team of project managers to effectively plan, execute, monitor, and control multiple Electronic Power Steering embedded system development projects. PMP certification is an added advantage.
Job Description :
- Responsible for leading project management activities across all functional areas in the systems and electronic systems organisation.
- Implement continuous improvement of project management maturity and capability within the organisation. Includes adherence to ASPICE and other relevant standards.
- Build the Systems and Electronic Systems project management team to successfully plan, execute, monitor, and control multiple Electronic Power Steering embedded system development projects.
- Serve as the primary electrical systems project management interface to internal and external customers for all project deliverable.
- Set priorities and resolve conflicts across multiple projects and functional teams.
- Identify solutions to effectively manage global projects to meet organizational commitments and objectives.
- Define project goals and guidelines/ metrics and implement Quantitative Project Management to measure project performance.
- Manage, track, and optimise human resource utilisation across projects.
- Plan, organise, and present management reviews and status dashboards for projects.
- Lead decision analysis resolution to mitigate project and program issues.
- Forecast project workloads, activities, and risks.
- Manages risks across all projects to meet organisational commitments.
Job Requirements :
- Minimum of 12 years of embedded system development experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of Project Management and/or Leadership experience.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent understanding of project management concepts, methodologies, and associated tools.
- Experience leading embedded system projects through the development cycle to a successful conclusion.
- Strong project planning and tracking capability using Microsoft Project & PLM tools.
- Good understanding of various estimation techniques and methodologies such as Parametric, Wideband Delphi, MVC, COCOMO etc.
- Strong risk and issues management, causal analysis, and decision analysis/resolution capability.
- Able to efficiently interface with cross functional teams and customers to successfully negotiate and meet project commitments.
- Excellent knowledge of various software development life cycles, models, and methodologies.
- Very good understanding of embedded system quality assurance and associated tools.
- Very good understanding of project configuration tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Positive & proactive attitude with excellent leadership qualities and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication (written / oral) and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently resolve team conflicts & roadblocks.
- Project management experience of distributed global teams.
- Experience with automotive embedded systems, especially Electronic Power Steering.
- System Integration and Production Coordination experience.
- Experience with Automotive SPICE and/or CMMI Level 3 processes.
- Experience with ISO 26262 functional safety concepts and its impact on software development.
- Experience with formal software change management and associated tools.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools (e.g.Telelogic Synergy).
- Familiarity with formal requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS).
- Familiarity with 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit micro controllers and common peripherals.
- Familiarity with MISRA standards and static analysis tools such as QAC.
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Flexray).
- Familiarity with the AGILE development methodology.
- Familiarity with the AUTOSAR standard.
- Familiarity with Model Based Development using tools such as Matlab / Simulink.
- Familiarity with embedded hardware design, development, and manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with electromechanical systems.
Bachelor - Electronics and Communication Engineer (Required)
Master - Electrical Engineer/ Computer Engineer(Preferred)
PMP certification (Required)