Product/Software Engineer - Autosar/Embedded System (7-11 yrs)
Job Description :
Principal/ ADAS Product Engineer - Senior Software Engineer
- Analysis system product requirements and develop software requirements.
- Perform software design for an embedded system with SPICE Level Development process documentation.
- Ability to Code using C language.
- Develop specific test cases for all software requirements.
- Perform detailed specification, design and development of complex safety critical features.
- Follow a defined software process to ensure good quality and documentation as per SPICE requirements.
- Review plans and architecture with other TRW software
- Provide expert assistance in integration and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and present technical communications to the customer.
- Review test plan procedures to ensure feature(s) are thoroughly tested.
- Rich experience with embedded system software.
- Autosar Architecture knowledge is strongly preferred.
Key Competencies :
Critical skills, abilities and characteristics necessary to perform job responsibilities.
- Good communication in oral English.
- Good English Reports / Writing Skills
- MUST be a team player.
- Strategic Thinker and problem solver
- Works well in a global fast pace environment
- Strong background on Fault Handling & DEM, or operation system, or vector autosar base software package or EB autosar base software package.
- 3+ OEMs experience on UDS, CAN, Bootloader and fault handling
- Well knowledge on Infineon Aurix TC27x family and Freescale MPC family is preferred
- Well knowledge on Tasking compiler is preferred
- Well knowledge on Change Management and Configuration Management by tool.
- Well knowledge on Requirement Management by tool.
- AUTOSAR Architecture knowledge is preferred.
- Experience on automotive camera or radar or ADAS features are highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
Ability to proficiently perform the duties of a Design Engineer, as well as :
1. Study and solve engineering problems to develop products that meet requirements.
2. Perform root cause analysis, complete failure reports and review with Farmington Hills engineering and customer staff.
3. Generate input to product / test specifications and / or software requirements documents / validation plans.
4. Develop designs to meet specifications.
5. Suggest and execute changes to designs based on test results.
6. Develop specifications and acceptance criteria for customer deliverables.
7. Provide support information for design reviews.
8. Perform SW bench testing and document results.
9. Oversee system validation testing on site and or support FH in validation of customer deliverables.
10. Develop detailed plans and scheduling for work to accomplish multiple tasks.
11. Make customer technical presentations.
12. Support customer specification review, software reviews, system level reviews
13. Find innovative solutions to pending problems and help transfer the knowledge base from Germany to Asia Pacific Engineering.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
Education : Bachelor Degree in Science or Engineering REQUIRED; or equivalent.
Experience : Typically, 7+ years of directly related experience in engineering or equivalent.
- Well understanding of software development tools and processes.
- Technical knowledge needed to develop, test and manufacture electronics products.
- Ability to provide effective performance and developmental feedback, establish goals and resolve personnel issues.
- Strong oral and technical writing communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.