Consultant at Wenger & Watson
Views:195 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Product Owner - Cloud Platform (7-15 yrs)
Are you an experienced product manager who has helped to lead development and delivery of world-class software or analytics products? Would you like to build products used by some of the biggest and most influential businesses around the world? If your answer is yes, we would love to talk to you.
We are inviting technically solid PMs to be part of EY's evolution to a technology-led organization. We have refocused our Technology teams to work exclusively on client technologies while embarking on the journey of multi-tenant, frictionless, global, cloud-based& scalable products. If you love influencing product direction, building products based on strong consumer insights and using analytics and experimentation to iterate you- d be a great fit for the role.
Essential Functions of the Job:
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Conceptualize new products working closely with EY business vertical owners to meet business goals
- Work with UX and Engineering to drive customer experience, product architecture and functionality decisions including trade-offs and prioritized feature maps.
- Create prioritized product roadmaps, refine product strategy based on market research, customer and operations feedback, product performance, market and portfolio analysis
- Drive in a culture of product management across EY Technology including :
1. Product thinking
2. Product Insights (market research, feedback, product performance, portfolios analysis, technology development), tooling to support data acquisition, A/B Tests
3. Experiment and evaluate hypothesis and propositions using analytics from usage data
- Planning : Proposition development, Build vs Buy, Business Case, ROI, Pricing
- Marketing : Driving product awareness, evangelizing product management, drive product launch
- Manage stakeholder relationships across the organization. Cultivate and build relationships across business, technology teams and industry to gather intelligence and bring insight about the wider enterprise picture and enable the leveraging of emerging industry standards and approaches within EY
- Enforce product governance structures and compliance activities to maintain regulatory compliance and enterprise standards
- Communicate feedback to the leadership team to improve and evolve the quality of products
- Coach and mentor junior PMs on your team
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Be very strong in basics of Product Management in identifying product features, experimenting to evaluate the efficacy and make frugal choices before diving in!
- Handle ambiguity and able to move forward with imperfect information and get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are challenged;
- Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution;
- Should know how to align resources to achieve desired results
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Expert in defining, designing and developing cloud based products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on Cloud environments
- Expertise in defining product features and driving feature execution - from concept to commissioning
- Experience with Analytics, Data Visualization, end to end application monitoring / alerting,
- Exposure to Machine Learning is a strong plus
- Prior experience in product design or Engineering of internet scale products in B2B segment is desirable
- Very strong skills in analytics, data, statistics, and evolving product roadmaps based on usage data from telemetrry
- A passion for listening to customers and delivering world-class user experience
- Experience and ability to define and develop cloud based products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on Cloud environments - Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMware, or OpenStack
- Regular international and domestic travel. Reasonable extension of the working day should be expected commensurate with the needs to fulfil the obligations of the role
- BS/BA in Computer Science, MIS or related field from a Tier 1 school (example. IIT, IIIT, BITS, NIT, MIT, Stanford etc)
- MS/MA/MBA in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent from a Tier 1 school (example. IIT, IIM, IIIT, BITS, NIT, MIT, Stanford etc)
- 10+ years of experience at very large web scale product companies with exposure to senior leaders and C-level management.
- At least 5+ years of experience in product management, product engineering
- You are Glocal, ie.
1. Can coordinate / collaborate with teams & stakeholders in multiple geographies
2. Manage teams with participants in multiple geographies.
3. Can quickly form strong working relationships with colleagues within and outside your location
- Solid business acumen, management and marketing communication skills
- Significant experience in presenting ideas, products, concept papers to varied audiences.