Consultant at Careernet Technologies Pvt Ltd
Views:260 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Product Manager/Senior Product Manager - Web/Mobile eCommerce Domain (6-10 yrs)
Regarding Revv Self Drive Car Rental.
Roti, Kapda, Makaan aur Gaadi:
80% of Americans and 20% of Chinese own cars. In contrast, only 2% of Indians own a car. While India is on its way to becoming a global heavyweight, mobility is still difficult for the vast majority of Indians.
Cabs have solved the - point A to point B- problem. But everything else that a person might need a car for (say, for a week-long outstation trip) is still an unsolved problem. Car is a status symbol that's reserved only for the affluent.
We want to change this. We want to put a car within the reach of every urban Indian, in a way that's affordable and easy. For all the needs that cabs do not solve - from - few hours to few years- .
In the process, we also want to build:
- A brand that's loved for its customer-centricity
- A company that's respected for its innovation and thought leadership
- A workplace that's renowned for producing leaders
What have we done so far:
- Built a lean but high pedigree team with people from top-tier engineering and management institutes. It is a closely knit unit that encourages each individual to experiment, expand and explore in a risk-free environment - borne out by the negligible churn in our teams during last 4 years
- Built a unique car-sharing product (cars for few hours to few days, for self-driving) with several global innovations - for example, the world's first delivery-based operating model, use of artificial-intelligence to improve our users- safety, and instant bookings that do not require any uploading of documents
- Achieved the global-highest user ratings in this sector (4.5 on Android, 4.3 on iOS), and the global-highest NPS of 50% (sector average is 15%)
- Demonstrated the capability to grow through word-of-mouth promotion by our customer fanbase, with negligible investment in paid marketing
- Closed our Series B round from Hyundai Motor Company. Other investors include Edelweiss, Beenext, MD of McKinsey India, CEO of Myntra, President of Uber India & South Asia, and ex Co-CEO of Deutsche Bank Asia; https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/22/hyundai-revv-14-3-million/
- And most importantly, had tonnes of adventures along the way :)
- With the Series-B round behind us, we are making a bid for industry leadership, while preserving our core values of customer-centricity, profitable execution and industry-shaping innovation.
- Invest in building the technology platform that will power the products, customer experience and scale up (e.g., dynamic pricing, alternative payment systems, ML-based resource optimization & prediction sciences, smart vehicles based on IoT and telematics)
- Craft new products that will serve the urban millennials- needs to have a car for very short and very long durations
- Build a world-class Customer Support operation, that becomes a true differentiator vs competition
- Build a strong brand with cost-effective customer acquisition strategies
- Grow our geographical presence to 50+ cities
- Founders- profile: Both the founders were Jr. Partners at McKinsey & Company, a global management consulting firm; spent ~10 years serving Indian and global majors on strategy and performance transformation, across diverse sectors such as finance, automotive, logistics, energy and infrastructure.
- Opportunity to build a world class consumer product to solve for a large, untapped growing market.
- High-growth environment, with challenging problems to solve
- Caring meritocracy: Performance-oriented culture, with emphasis on coaching and mentoring
- Collegial culture: Smart, driven, young and collaborative colleagues
- Exciting incentive plan, based on short-term and long-term goals
- To summarize, Revv offers a workplace with exceptional colleagues and hard problems. If you are passionate about Product Management and are ambitious of becoming a product leader, we would love to hear from you!!
Title: Product Manager / Sr. Product Manager
Reporting to: VP - Product
Ideal profile of a Product Manager:
- Top-bracket performer in the current organisation, consistently exceeding expectations
- 4+ years of overall professional experience with min 3+ years in product management, preferably in building and managing consumer web & mobile products or ecommerce
- BE/Btech from a top tier college. MBA is a plus.
- Prior entrepreneurial stints or experience in building products from scratch is a plus.
- Prior experience in management consulting would be great, but not compulsory
- Data: Extremely comfortable in handling large data sets, can effectively analyse data to draw actionable insights, identifying new opportunities and decision making. Ability to define key product metrics, track & improve their performance. Understanding of statistical models or experience of working on machine learning products is a plus.
- Design: Strong understanding of UI and UX across web and mobile. Ability to map user journeys and imagine wide user scenarios. Ability to create low fidelity wireframes quickly. Keen observer and adopter of best industry UX practices. Ability to design user research and interviews.
- Collaboration: Effectively work and lead cross functional teams to meet business & product objectives. Work closely with engineering, marketing, business & operations teams. Drive new initiatives while managing change resistance and conflicts.
- Tools: Experience in using Analytics tools such as Google Analytics/Omniture/Mixpanel/ firebase etc. to monitor and analyse upstream data. Experience in working in an agile product development environment with exposure to tools such as JIRA. Extremely comfortable with MS excel for quick analysis. Exposure to wireframing tools is a plus. Ability to use workbench to extract data is a plus.
- Business: Must have a keen business understanding, with clarity of business goals and initiatives, to help define product roadmap. Should be a curious industry observer with understanding of industry economics and trends.
- Product Owner: Developing and championing a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap. Use data, user, competitive & market research and business/stakeholder feedback to identify new features and products. Prioritize the product backlog. Create and manage sprints and daily scrums. Create detailed PRD's & use cases; write user stories, create personas.
- Hands-on approach, control on performance metrics at granular level
- Bias for reducing complicated and unstructured answers into simple and structured decisions
- Working collaboratively with other teams; attitude of - helping others succeed-
- Bias for solving problems through processes and technology
- Highly motivated self starter with extreme levels of ownership
- Extreme customer focus
- Comfortable operating in fast paced & ambiguous environment