Director at Emproto Technologies
Views:127 Applications:16 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Principal Software Engineer - Embedded Systems (4-10 yrs)
POSITION PURPOSE :
Principal Software Engineer - Embedded works with an experienced cross-functional team to deliver innovative wireless communication security products. S/he will utilize real world knowledge and a disciplined approach to product development, and adapt readily - Time-To-Market demands, ensuring product quality and timely delivery in a highly dynamic market environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Design and deliver server platform based software products from conceptual stages to production delivery.
- Work independently on all phases of server centric software development including specification, architecture design, rapid prototyping, efficient coding, integration, debug and unit testing. Support UL and EN regulatory compliance.
- Work collaboratively and effectively as part of a small team on fast paced projects that have tight deadlines.
- Support manufacturing life cycle for new products from NPI to production run and incremental software release of functionality.
- Lead, train, and mentor junior engineers.
- Perform other relevant duties as needed.
REQUIRED SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY :
- Proven record of designing and delivering complex networking products from inception to production delivery.
- Previous experience developing quality software for commercial products.
- Experience with communication systems involving wireless, radio, security and mesh networking technologies is a plus.
- Ability to work in a small team on fast paced projects that have tight deadlines
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Embedded real-time systems
- Must be an excellent SW developer. We expect experience developing software C/C++ in Linux. Python and other scripting languages is a plus.
- Target hardware includes Embedded CPU, DSP, and ARM environments
- Experience with Linux development infrastructure, tool chain and build environment.
- Experience developing both Linux device drivers and application software; installing Linux software and configuring embedded Linux systems
- Experience with OSI networking protocols and applications
- Experience and knowledge of Board Support package (BSP) development including board bring up, tool chain creation, and firmware/diagnostics support
- Experience with system development tools, including Source-Level Debuggers, Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Code Analysis tools, etc.