Recruiter at Strategic Placements and HR Services
Views:187 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Principal Engineer - Test Automation (7-12 yrs)
Our client is a long-time supplier of high-reliability discrete components to military and aerospace customers, they have transformed themselves into a global supplier of high-performance analog, mixed-signal integrated circuits, and high-reliability discrete semiconductors that manage and regulate power, protect against transient voltage spikes, and transmit, receive and amplify electronic signals.
About the Role :
- Mid-career QA Automation Engineer opening based in Bangalore, India to be a key contributor in the testing effort of our storage firmware and driver applications. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of quality for a family of storage projects.
- You will need to design and implement automated tests for all layers of the application (firmware, driver, preboot and management application). Design/ Develop tools and frameworks to enable machines to do continuous system testing.
- Work with multiple project teams internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of quality assurance for complex products and platforms, including testing strategy, analysis, coding, results from the evaluation, and proposed corrective actions
- Work as part of a team to develop, execute, triage, document, and test a series of features within a storage software solutions under various x64, ARM and Power9 operating systems to deliver a reliable and cost-effective solution.
- Understand product implementation reading functional specs, source code, and engineering discussions
- Design and develop test framework, infrastructure, and tools using Perl/Python, C. C++.
- Work together with preboot, software, drivers and firmware teams on root-causing defects
- Reproduce, Root cause and Verify solutions to customer escalations in a timely manner
- Provide project status and estimates and track issues to closure with project managers
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software quality assurance leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Work with test architects to review, improve and automate test plans and test cases.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software quality assurance organization
- Bachelor's or Masters's degree in Computer Science, IT or ECE
- Experience in Enterprise servers and storage environments
- 9 to 12 years of experience in test automation
- Excellent and Mature programming skills - object-oriented design and analysis/debugging skills
- Awareness of test methodologies; including BlackBox vs. white box testing, acceptance-driven test development, and model-based testing.