Principal Consultant at Symmetrical Global
Views:72 Applications:9 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Principal Engineer/L1 Modem Engineer - Signal Processing (3-12 yrs)
Role : Principle Engineer
Key Characteristics of the Role :
- Person at this position owns architecture/ design of a specific technology area or a sub-system, formulates new solution and ideas and produces new or original work.
- Person demonstrates the ability to justify a stand or decision supported by sound technical knowledge base in a specific technology area or a sub-system.
- Person is able to the represent the organization externally in detailed technical discussion with the customer with a high level of authority on technical matters in a specific technology area or a sub-system.
- Person leads projects which are of significant organisational profile and makes trade-off decisions to deliver solutions that both meet customer's technical requirements and timelines.
- Person demonstrates the ability to analyse and interpret complex problems and improve, change or adapt existing methods to solve the problem.
Technical Pre-requisites :
- L1 - Modem engineer is one who designs, develops and maintains physical layer signal processing chain in 2G, 3G, TDS-CDMA, 4G technologies.
- Typically the work is done on DSP/ARM/Accelerator based RTOS proprietary platforms using a combination of C, C++ and Assembly language
a. Proprietary internal or customer platforms
a. 3GPP physical layer specifications
a. Compiler/linker tool chain
b. Trace analysis, core dump tools.
c. JTAG debugging (Real VIew, Trace32/Lauterbach)
d. CM tools [Clear case, GIT, CVS, SVN etc..]
e. NW Test instruments (call box)
Educational Qualifications : Engineering graduate, M.Tech, etc
Experience : 3-12 Yrs