Director at Nastech Consulting
Views:169 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Principal Engineer - Application Design & Architecture (10-24 yrs)
Job Description :
We are looking for a principal engineer to join our team of talented engineers who share a common interest in developing products for EdTech, FinTech and various industries.
You will be a polygot engineer and have responsibility for technical delivery of the products/projects, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
What you'll do :
- Directly guide the technical strategy for our internal and external customers.
- Build out a new capability within the client - perhaps for Mobile, Data Science, or DevOps.
- Take the needs and challenges of the customer and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support the business strategies and goals.
- Provide technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise, to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
- Orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks.
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the CTO, and Head of Engineering Delivery.
- Support pre-sales activities.
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products.
- You will mentor the lead and senior engineers in the client.
- You will code and review code.
- Work from our office in Chennai and if needed travel to Melbourne (Australia) on short term.
Who you are :
- You have 12 - 25 years of experience in full stack software engineering.
- You are an expert in multiple technologies (including Java, Node & React, Python & Django, Ruby on Rails) across software engineering, security, data interchange, data management etc.
- You are an architect or leading and inspiring software development teams.
- You have significant software development and infrastructure architecture experience in designing and architecting enterprise web applications.
- You are capable of coding and beginning an implementation to get a project off the ground
- You have rich experience in TDD and BDD.
- You have a solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment.
- You have built strong DevOps culture and experience in automation and CI/CD.
- You are highly experienced with cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure.
- You are a continuous learner and influence the team to be learning continuously.
- You contribute to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor