HR Trainee at Strategic Placements and HR Services
Views:126 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Principal Emulation Engineer - FPGA/Microcontroller/SoC (8-14 yrs)
Our client is one of the largest providers of 8, 16 & 32-bit microcontrollers.
Job Description : As part of the MCU32 Emulation group, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and execution of Pre-Silicon Validation of new 32-bit Microcontrollers on FPGA platforms.
The candidate will interact regularly with cross-site teams to achieve these goals :
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and develop a validation plan for IP on FPGA platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and develop validation plan for SOC as ported to FPGA platform.
- Develop tests and libraries for IP and chip validation using C, C++, and assembler for ARM-based products.
- Support and engage in the porting activities of SoC design to FPGA friendly design and build the bit files to be used by team and others in support of pre-Silicon Validation
- Bring-up and validate 32-bit Microcontrollers as ported to FPGA platform
Job Requirements :
- Technical lead to develop and execute emulation validation plans for 32-bit Microcontroller products from concept through design complete.
- Define, develop, improve emulation process flows and methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Must have experience in Pre- or Post-Silicon validation or embedded controller application development.
- Strong experience in embedded C/C++
- Must have strong skills in Microcontroller platforms
- Must be able to read and interpret written specifications, and implement solutions from those specifications.
- Knowledge in hardware schematic entry and layout is a plus
- Must be able to provide technical support to internal customers, verbally and in writing.
- Must have strong verbal and written abilities in English language.
- Must be able to work with a worldwide team
- Strong experience in usage of equipment in the lab including oscilloscopes, power supplies, and other lab instruments.
- Must possess Digital Circuits knowledge. Experience in hardware board debug including electrical debug and making necessary hardware improvements for validation.
- Knowledge of Verilog/VHDL is a plus
- Should be able to work independently and technically assist newer team members in bringing up validating 32-bit Microcontrollers on FPGA platforms.
- Must have a good knowledge working knowledge of ARM architecture and instruction set.
- Must have very good understanding of both complex and simple Peripherals such as DDR, USB, Ethernet, CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, TIMERS etc
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.