HR Trainee at Strategic Placements and HR Services
Views:126 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Principal Emulation Engineer - FPGA/Microcontroller/SoC (8-14 yrs)
Our client is one of the largest providers of 8, 16 & 32-bit microcontrollers.
Job Description : As part of the MCU32 Emulation group, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and execution of Pre-Silicon Validation of new 32-bit Microcontrollers on FPGA platforms.
The candidate will interact regularly with cross-site teams to achieve these goals :
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and develop a validation plan for IP on FPGA platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and develop validation plan for SOC as ported to FPGA platform.
- Develop tests and libraries for IP and chip validation using C, C++, and assembler for ARM-based products.
- Support and engage in the porting activities of SoC design to FPGA friendly design and build the bit files to be used by team and others in support of pre-Silicon Validation
- Bring-up and validate 32-bit Microcontrollers as ported to FPGA platform
Job Requirements :
- Technical lead to develop and execute emulation validation plans for 32-bit Microcontroller products from concept through design complete.
- Define, develop, improve emulation process flows and methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Must have experience in Pre- or Post-Silicon validation or embedded controller application development.
- Strong experience in embedded C/C++
- Must have strong skills in Microcontroller platforms
- Must be able to read and interpret written specifications, and implement solutions from those specifications.
- Knowledge in hardware schematic entry and layout is a plus
- Must be able to provide technical support to internal customers, verbally and in writing.
- Must have strong verbal and written abilities in English language.
- Must be able to work with a worldwide team
- Strong experience in usage of equipment in the lab including oscilloscopes, power supplies, and other lab instruments.
- Must possess Digital Circuits knowledge. Experience in hardware board debug including electrical debug and making necessary hardware improvements for validation.
- Knowledge of Verilog/VHDL is a plus
- Should be able to work independently and technically assist newer team members in bringing up validating 32-bit Microcontrollers on FPGA platforms.
- Must have a good knowledge working knowledge of ARM architecture and instruction set.
- Must have very good understanding of both complex and simple Peripherals such as DDR, USB, Ethernet, CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, TIMERS etc