HR -Consultant CRM and Analytics at Huquo
Views:2277 Applications:188 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:62
Power BI Developer - Data Integration (3-7 yrs)
Position Title, Responsibility Level : BI Developer
Function : Data Integration
Reports to : TBD
Permanent/ Temporary : Permanent
Span of Control : TBD
Location : Off Shore / India
Basic Function :
- The Business Intelligence developer works with stakeholders to identify and define self-service analytic solutions, dashboards, actionable enterprise business intelligence reports and business intelligence best practices.
- Responsible for repeatable, lean and maintainable enterprise BI design across organizations.
- Effectively partners with client team. BI Developer with good knowledge on Databases, data model, DW concepts, ETL and Linux/Unix environment to perform his daily tasks preferred.
Essential Functions :
(40%) Architect, design, and develop enterprise self-service analytic solutions, business intelligence reports, visualizations and best practice standards. Toolsets include but not limited to: IBM Cognos, SQL Server Analysis and Reporting Services, Microsoft Power BI, SAP Business Objects, Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlik, and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
(20%) Work with report team to identify, design and implement a reporting user experience that is consistent and intuitive across environments, across report methods, defines security and meets usability and scalability best practices.
(15%) Identify business reporting and analytic needs by collaborating with end users, stakeholders and technology teams.
(10%) Provide report testing support and direction for the UAT and Quality teams.
(10%) Contributes to business intelligence competency best practices and implementation methodologies.
(5%) Other duties as requested or assigned.
Primary Internal Interactions :
- Coordinate with Lead and participate in recurring meetings
- Collaborate with other team members to review prototypes and develop iterative revisions
- Involve in peer BI reports review
Primary External Interactions :
- Limited to working in a technical capacity with client Business Intelligence personnel
Organizational Relationships :
Reports To : Lead / Manager
Supervises : NA
Technical Skills :
- Ability to utilize SQL and/or available BI tool to validate/elaborate business rules.
- Ability to create database views in support of reporting and analytic tool ingestion.
- Ability to create and leverages reusable objects.
- Understands and leverages a multi-layer semantic model to ensure scalability, durability, and supportability of the analytic solution.
- Understands modern data warehouse concepts (real-time, cloud, Big Data) and how to enable such capabilities from a reporting and analytic stand-point.
- Produces high-quality results and deliverables that meet client needs.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of and utilizes methodology to efficiently complete assigned roles and associated tasks.
- Deals effectively with all team members and builds strong working relationships/rapport with them.
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks/deliverables.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate team members and assist them in meeting their goals and commitments.
- Strong team building, interpersonal, analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a trusted advisor that builds influence with client management beyond simply EDM
- Ability to work independently on projects as well as collaborate effectively across client and DSC teams
Process Specific Skills :
- Ability to adapt to a variety of team work environments, as this changes client to client
Soft skills (Desired) :
- Experience working with multi-divisional business communities to leverage information across the enterprise to improve business effectiveness
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
Soft Skills (Minimum) :
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Education Requirements : Bachelor's degree
Work Experience Requirements :
- 3-7 years- development experience in decision support / business intelligence(Any One) environments utilizing tools such as IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlik, SQL Server Analysis and Reporting Services, Microsoft's Power BI etc.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in MS Power BI or Tableau is must.
- Preferred DW/ETL knowledge and hands on
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Strong background working with database systems along with a strong knowledge of PL/SQL and SQL.
- Must possess a strong fundamental understanding of data warehousing, data modeling and ETL best practice.