Business Analyst at Piana IT Solutions
Views:330 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Piana IT Solutions - Senior Principal Design Engineer - Multithreading/OOAD (5-12 yrs)
PIANA HR is excited to invite application for fortune 500 EDA Software and Engineer Servicing company is looking to hire for the position of Sr Principal Design Engineer.
Experience Range : 5-12 years of experience in software development
Educational qualification : BE / BTech / MTech /MS in CS/EE from top institutes - IIT/IISc/BITS/DCE/NIT etc.
Location - Pune.
- The company is a Global MNC with a culture that cultivated for over 25 years. It is recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in last many years .
- The company's Mantra is - We hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology. We- re doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can- t.-
Position Description - Sr Principal Design Engineer
- The client is seeking a talented lead development engineer to join their Xplorer development team in Pune. You will be part of the Xplorer team which is responsible for refining and implementing functional requirements, doing detailed design, development, testing, debugging and maintenance.
- Your role will be of a Principal engineer who will work closely with multiple teams in both Pune and California to ensure that Xplorer best serves the many requirements of client's customers around the planet.
- Development of Xplorer brings a lot of software engineering challenge and gives you the opportunity to apply almost every design patterns, write multi-threaded programs, create rich SWT based UI and to work with native tools and hardware systems.
Some of the key activities :
- Evaluate technical feasibility and create development plan of the new features. Select suitable architectures, implementation technologies, techniques and tools. Break development plan into actionable engineering tasks, implement code, test, refine.
- Develop and Keep documentation up-dated for the product.
- Routinely go through the issue tracking system and take up the issues, analyze them and find fixes for the issues.
- Write test cases with enough coverage for the developed feature and co-ordinate with the testing team to ensure coverage.
- Continuously watch eclipse and CDT open source development and create plans for integrating new features to our product. Collaborate with community and influence them.
- Provide technical leadership to junior, intermediate, and senior level engineers. Enforce best practices (unit/automation testing, code reviews, code quality, etc.)
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process.
Required skills and experience :
- Good S/W programming expertise in core Java.
- Excellent UI development skills.
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills, experience in developing multi-threaded programs.
- Strong CS fundamentals including algorithms, data structure, runtime analysis.
- Good understanding of design patterns and experience in implementing them.
- Experience in user interface development using AWT/SWING or, SWT, JFace.
- Experience in eclipse plugin development will be a distinct advantage
- Experience in embedded software development and /or experience with GNU development tools (e.g. gcc, gdb) will be a distinct advantage
- Experience with C/C++ and the Eclipse CDT framework will be an advantage
- Self-starter and learner with passion of getting the job done on time with great quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate as part of a cross discipline team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Comfortable with an agile, flexible approach to feature development.
- Experience in unit testing or component testing.
- Comfortable working with customers as well as collaborating across multiple teams.
Interested candidates can apply here
Women on break are welcome to apply.