P&G - Data Engineer - Python/Big Data (0-3 yrs)
- P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we're the world's largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We've spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship.
- The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work and do something that matters.
- Would you like to use your technical mastery to design and lead truly modern, scalable Big Data applications? Do you want to work in a team where your efforts will fuel P&G business?If so, this position is perfect for you. We are looking for Data Engineers to accelerate automation and increase effectiveness of our best-in-class Data Science group.
- You need to be ambitious and able to source and develop data models that will be used for advanced analytics. You will design and build scalable and automated solutions both in traditional cloud-based clusters and as serverless. Your partnership with data analysts is to understand use cases, data needs, and outcome objectives.
- You will work in partnerships and independently to re-engineer legacy technology or manual approaches to build new solutions. As a partner in our business, you will have project work and ad hoc requests that require agility and often dynamic response to business needs.
As a Data Engineer you will be :
- Working on advanced analytics use cases
- Executing data modeling and optimization of data and analytics solutions at scale
- Crafting and developing applications that source data from various systems utilizing advanced programming in Scala, Python, js, shell scripting and SQL
- Delivering analytical algorithms and applications (eg. machine learning)
- Engaging in proof of concepts and experiments together with data scientists and analysts to deliver new advanced analytics use cases
You should be a passionate leader and technologist who has graduated with a BS or MS in Business/Management Information Systems and/or Computer Science/Engineering, Programming/Software Development or Operations Research or Statistics or with proven track of record from programming areas.
You need to have demonstrated deep understanding in applied Big Data technologies :
- Scripting languages for manipulating data (eg. Scala, Python)
- Big Data (Hive, Impala) and NoSQL databases
- SQL, Linux Shell Scripting
- Cloud services frameworks
- Data Mining, Data Modeling, and Data Provisioning (acquisition from various sources, transformation and sharing)
Dedication from us :
You'll be at the core of breakthrough innovations, be given exciting assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility, in creative work spaces where new ideas flourish. All the while, you'll receive world-class training to help you become a leader in your field. It is not just about what you'll do, but how you'll feel: welcomed, valued, purposeful, challenged, heard, and inspired.
What we offer :
- You will collaborate with passionate peers and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
Dynamic and supportive work environment
- Employees are at the centre, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Just So You Know :
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: - Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak- .