Passion Gaming - DevOps Administrator - Cloud Platform (5-7 yrs)
Job Description of a Dev-Ops Administrator :
- As a Dev-Ops Administrator, you will be responsible for Linux Server Management on virtual machines hosted on cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, etc. Core functionalities would include Installation, configuration, and maintenance of game/website servers.
- You would be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting game/webserver related problems and handling system failures at hardware and software level on a daily basis. You would also have to handle security threats like DDoS, SQL injection, brute force, firewall, etc.
Required Qualification :
- Should have strong OS administration skills on Linux - Ubuntu, CentOS.
- Ability to write a script in Bash, Perl/Python/Ruby.
- Understanding AWS infrastructure, tools and processes.
- Should have experience in configuring/monitoring various AWS services - EC2, RDS(database), Email Service, S3, Cloud Watch, DB hosting on EC2, Cloudfront, CDN, Route53, etc.
- Experience in managing Domain Name System-related related changes.
- Installing/implementing performance monitoring tools like DataDog, Nagios, Zapix, etc.
- Strong understanding of secure Apache server configurations and SSL Configurations.
- Creating and managing MySQL database backups, providing the latest database dump, MySql replication techniques.
- Log Analysis of the access log, error log, MySQL logs, etc.
- Assisting the development team to create and maintain various staging servers. Ensuring infrastructure requirements for upcoming releases are taken care of in advance.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Firewall management and maintenance (adjusting rules to suit new applications deployment)
- Familiarity with open source tools, monitoring systems, hardware troubleshooting, tracking, resolution, and routine maintenance with security updates
- Server migrations and database server migrations (RDS)
- Generating ad-hoc reports through predefined SQL queries
- Other encryption-related tasks like MD5, HASH, etc
- Automated deployment tools like Jenkins,
- Knowledge of Git Repository, SVN, etc
- Perform daily system monitoring in an automated way, verifying the integrity and availability of all virtual hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups and other items.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Ensure connectivity between networked servers (VPN etc) is functioning as expected
- Experience in a 24x7 hosting environment.
- Should be willing to work in rotational shifts.
Required Experience and Qualifications :
- Min 5 Years of professional experience in linux administration on cloud platforms like AWS.
- B.E/B.Tech Degree or equivalent in a computer science.
- Certification in AWS and Linux administration would be an advantage.
- PF & Gratuity
- Working 5 days a week
- Annual appraisal & promotion
- Parties, Festival celebration, Birthday celebration, R & R activity, etc
Equability : absence of favoritism in hiring & promotion
Job Type : Full-time
Salary : 50,000.00 to - 70,000.00 /month