Assistant Manager - HR at OYO Rooms
Views:378 Applications:121 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
OYO Rooms - Software Development Engineer I/II/III/Principal Engineer - Java (2-12 yrs)
Who we are?
- Launched in 2013, OYO is India's largest branded network of hotels. Its network currently spans over 200 Indian cities including all major metros, regional commercial hubs, leisure destinations, and key pilgrimage towns. The company's vision is to become the most preferred and trusted hotel brand in the world.
- OYO was founded by Ritesh Agarwal, the first resident Asian to be accepted to the Thiel Fellowship (started by Paypal founder Peter Thiel). He recently featured in the Forbes 30 under 30 lists in the global, Indian and Asian edition under the Consumer Tech category.
OYO is backed by the world's leading investors including the Softbank Group, Lightspeed Venture Partners India, Sequoia Capital and Greenoaks Capital. In August 2015, it was identified as among the - 50 next start-up unicorns- by New York Times.
- It has also received acclaim and accolades such as Startup of the Year Express IT Award, Quest Experience Award for Best Use of Social Media for CX Improvement, NDTV Dream Chaser of the Year, Lufthansa ET Now Runway to Success Award, TIE Lumis Business Excellence Award and India International Travel Mart Award.
Ritesh received the Business World Young Entrepreneur Award in 2015. He recently featured in the Forbes 30 under 30 lists (Global, India, Asia) under the Consumer Tech category.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Experienced backend developer with extensive work on NodeJS and backbone js, Ruby
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build structure, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to our programming best practices and guidelines
- Advanced understanding of emerging web technologies
- Iterate, test new ideas and shape the future vision for developer tools that operate in the cloud.
- Learn and use core AWS technologies to design and then build available and scalable backend web services and customer-facing APIs.
- Create from the ground up a new, world-class user experience using the latest in front-end UX platforms and technologies.
- Deeply understand and work with with a variety of developer tools across the spectrum of the software development lifecycle.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills, and data structures Experience in agile methodologies like Scrum Good understanding of branching, build, deployment, continuous integration methodologies
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline from premier institute
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
- 2+ years of strong hands-on development experience including at least 1.5 years of real-world web development experience using JSP, Java Servlets, Java Struts, Spring, & Hibernate
- Good understanding of design patterns, object oriented design, and frameworks.
- Good RDBMS skills and experience in DB/SQL
- Experience with multiple technologies - LAMP, Ruby on Rails, Python, Perl, Java, PHP
- Exposure to MVC frameworks such as Rails, Spring, Django, CodeIgniter.
- Experience working with scripting language such as Pearl - to quickly roll our parsers for analysis and write small modules - is preferred
- Exposure to Postgres, Mysql (exposure to NoSQL database related technologies like MongoDB, Redis, Aerospike, Cassandra etc. is a plus)
Good to have :
- Experience with SCRUM methodology or extreme programming is a great plus
- Exposure to app servers like JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Previous start-up experience or contribution to any open source project
- Experience working on DROOLS or any other rule engine and SOAP/string based API integrations
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!