Talent Advisory at Oracle India Pvt Ltd.
Views:221 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Oracle - File System Developer - Network Protocols (2-10 yrs)
Job Description :
- We are a small group of engineers who work on the next generation storage product for Oracle. We are set to develop the next generation architecture with the emphasis in scalability, performance, and high availability, storage efficiency/quality of service and data life cycle management.
- We are looking for talented individuals to join this small and energetic team. The work involves developing market-differentiating features in NAS File System, Data Protection, and NAS Protocols
- As a Senior Software Developer, under the guidance of the architects and team leads this person will participate in the design, implementation, debug and support of Oracle's FS NAS product lines. Specific duties include design, implement and unit test certain modules of the file system features such as file system layout, caching modules, system management, journal subsystem etc. In addition, this position needs to provide crucial and timely support for customer escalations and provide mentorship to other engineers.
Technical skills :
- Strong system software development experience in a Unix environment using C and one or more scripting languages like Perl, Expect
- Experience in building a product with of an advanced modern file system
- Proficient in debugging an embedded system environment using core dumps; ability to piece together forensic evidence and draw conclusions from traces; familiarity with tools like GDB
- Very strong communication skills; ability to articulate, and document findings and to make recommendations to upper management on recovery steps
- Ability to work independently with cross-functional teams