Ondot Systems - Senior Release Engineer - Configuration Management (8-12 yrs)
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented Sr. Release Engineer who has demonstrated the ability to work in a fast-paced and complex software build environment.
- You will use your experience to implement solutions that make our release process more efficient and take us to state of the art continuous integration and deployment.
- You must possess a solid understanding of checklist management, building pipelines, integration, deployment tools, and experience in automating these processes.
- Create and enforce process that supports multi environment deployments and Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Provide strategic direction and logistical support for release related activities to support operations and efficiency of the customer engineering organization.
- Technically enforce risk management processes and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Maintain the release schedule for all services and ensure alignment across all customers and provide weekly release reporting.
- Implement Measure and monitor progress to ensure customer releases are delivered on time, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage tools and coordinate work between different teams at different locations; Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plan.
- Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- 7+ years- experience across entire SDLC, CI/CD tools, with configuration & release management, deployments, and troubleshooting in on-premise and cloud environments
- Strong coding ability in Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Groovy, and Shell
- Strong experience with Windows and Linux systems.
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, SVN, Git and code branching/merging strategies
- Strong experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins (including plugins) and related CI/CD tools
- Expertise with build and release tools such as Maven, Ant, Gradle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education : BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or similar degree from a top tier institution.