Ondot Systems - Oracle Database Administrator - Metadata/Data Migration (10-12 yrs)
Job Description :
- As a Oracle database administrator, you will collaborate and work with the Ondot Engineering teams to deliver on our products. You'll also mentor and train the engineering teams in all aspects related to database, best practices and other database related tools.
- The Oracle database administrator plays a key role in supporting Ondot Engineering and customers, by interacting with our customers during escalations, to resolve complex issues. As the owner of schema setup scripts and Ondot metadata loading tool, this key position is responsible for validation and fixing product issues and enhancements.
- In addition, this position will be responsible to thoroughly test customer specific schema setup prior to deployment at customer site.
- The Oracle database administrator serves as a subject matter expert as it relates to database technology underlying the Ondot Mobile Card Services app, a mobile product that enables users to view real-time activity on their plastic and virtual cards, set up control policies on how their cards can be used, and get notifications quickly and participate in customizing their payment cards to best fit their spending needs.
- This role requires an extensive level of technical expertise with schema setup and upgrades, database troubleshooting, including but not limited to Oracle Server, multi-tier architecture, Microsoft SQL Server or other database as well.
- The successful candidate must have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to establish a good rapport with co-workers and customers, courteous, and professional.
- Backup and recovery methods
- Unix scripting and Perl scripting for database job automation.
- Must have ability to write code and troubleshoot the program using data dictionary views
- Perform schema setup upgrade (Ondot application schema changes)
- Perform metadata upgrade (Ondot application metadata changes between versions).
- Perform data migration between versions as required by the changes in architecture of the application.
- Track customers feedbacks and provide inputs to Product Management and Engineering.
- Prepare written and verbal communication to clients in relation to explanation of issues, recommendations for processes and other correspondence as needed.
- Review documentation that includes but not limited to database installation guides, user guides, business requirements, and technical requirements.
- Using Hibernate tools to generate hbm and pojo files.
Education : Bachelor's degree with an Information Systems emphasis preferred; relevant, equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
Job-Related Experience : 10-15 years Oracle database administration experience (version 10G onwards) on Unix (RHEL and AIX) with SQL and PL/SQL development is mandatory.
Technical Qualifications :
- Expertise in schema design.
- Expertise in schema installs and upgrade.
- Expertise in Unix shell(bash) scripting