OLX - Software Engineer - iOS Platform - SWIFT/Objective C (3-6 yrs)
Looking out for seasoned iOS Engineers who can contribute to the development of the app used by millions of people all over the world, apply for this job!
We are a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
Working at OLX :
We have a clear ambition to improve people's lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world's leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person.
If you have got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we'd love to empower you to be successful. Working at OLX means being part of an entrepreneurial culture that is open to new ideas, new ambition and new opportunities. You will be joining a fast-growing organisation that empowers you to be successful and improve the lives of others.
At OLX we improve people's lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges. Sellers win. Buyers win. Communities win. OLX wins. And most of all, you win. Being part of something special. In an open culture that encourages own initiatives, growth and entrepreneurial spirits.
We believe in creating a richer world by empowering people. Every day millions of people across the globe use OLX to buy and sell goods. We serve over 350 million unique users every month. We generate traffic of over 11+ billion monthly page views in more than 40 countries.
What you will be doing :
- You design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform.
- You will ensure platform and application readiness in terms of capacity, performance, monitoring and stability.
- You will influence product requirements and operational plans.
- Instill best practices for development and champion their adoption, while working with product manager to estimate and plan projects in agile development framework.
- You integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- You own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live.
- You design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters.
- You gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users. You build and advocate delightful user experiences on iOS.
What will you need to be successful in this role ?
- B.Tech / B.E/ M.Tech / MCA from a reputed institute.
- 3 + years of experience in iOS programming.
- Knowledge of OOPs and mobile app design
- Knowledge of Swift and Objective C is mandatory
- Knowledge of MVVM and MVC design pattern is essential
- Understanding of massively scaled Web-Oriented Architecture (JSON, REST, Web Services, cloud services integration)
- Strong visual and interactive design skills a clear grasp of typography, layout, color, motion, and behavior
- Able to contribute independently and work on strict deadlines
- Very good command of English and communication skills and ability to work with others
What we'll give you :
- A thrill of building and managing global products that is used daily by millions world over.
- Learning is not just on the job, but we have dedicated training budgets to upskill our engineers.
- Global Product and Tech culture. With 5 technology centers world over collaborating together, the experience and learning increased manifold.
- Openness and Ownership. You build, you deploy and you manage. 360 degree view of entire product development process.
- Great peers and teams. With people joining us from Amazon, Google, Snapdeal, Adobe & other top start-ups in India and top companies across the globe, we have a great team.
What you need to know about us :
- At OLX Group we have a clear ambition to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world's leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you have got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we- d love to empower you to be successful.
- OLX is a part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +5000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100-year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
It's great that you want to apply for this role! Thank you for taking the time. Below, you will find our standard application form that we would like you to use. Once you hit the submit button, your application will be stored in our talent database. Once we- ve taken a look, we will get back to you. You can expect our feedback within the next one to two weeks. Sometimes it can take a bit longer but you can be assured that we will get back to you no matter what