Technology Consultant at RGF Professional Recruitment India
Views:321 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
NOC Manager - Linux/AWS (9-17 yrs)
- The NOC Manager primarily deals with cloud infrastructure monitoring supporting our external customers.
- This is a hand on technical and business process role.
- The NOC Manager will act as a technical and business process escalation point for Tier 1 resources, coordinating the NOC team day to day activities.
- He/She ensure that the Aspect infrastructure runs efficiently without interruption 24x7x265.
- Work with Patch Management and Security Operations personal to mitigate identified threats to the Cloud Operations Infrastructure.
- He/She will work with senior management to define and implement business process, conduct analysis, onboarding new employees, perform weekly status reporting and identify and coordinate training for the team.
- At least ten years of technical and business process experience in the related field.
- The NOC Manager should also be familiar with the industry and the various concepts used in the field.
- The NOC Manager will conduct problem and incident management for Aspect's infrastructure.
- He/She comes up with innovative solutions to various problems.
- He/She ensures that customer needs are properly defined and satisfactorily met.
- Stays abreast of new technologies emerging in the industry.
- The NOC Manager oversees the work of junior employees to ensure that system requirements have been properly implemented and procedures carefully followed.
- A NOC Manager has good communication skills both verbal and written.
- He/She can communicate about infrastructure issues effectively and in a comprehensible manner both to clients and employees.
- Has good troubleshooting skills and broad understanding of Windows, Linux, Routers, Firewalls, proxy services, virtualization, VOIP and SAN technologies.
- He/She also has good interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service.
- He/She has a good understanding of the industry.
- He/She should have a good understanding of Cloud technology and is able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Manage a team of System Administrators
- Fosters a positive culture with strong team building skills
- Manage the use and improvement of network monitoring and alerting systems
- Constant improvement our monitoring process
- Escalate and push network issues to resolution internally and with our vendors
- Review network systems performance reports and analyze them for potential issues
- Ensure proper incident and problem manage process and documentation is performed by the team
- Perform critical situation management, engaging and directing needed resources to resolve service interruptions
- Conduct problem and incident management for Aspect's infrastructure
- Manage maintenance/upgrade of internal systems to track issues and resolutions
- Creation of internal and customer facing documentation (RCA)
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all systems, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Define, prioritize, and resolve all support requests in an organized, efficient and expedited fashion.
- Administration and monitoring of corporate and managed services cloud-based systems.
- Development, maintenance, and usage of automation scripts using Bash, PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Assist with patch management in Windows and Linux environments.
- Create and maintain configuration documentation, as well as system and operations documentation.
- Creating and maintaining IT configuration and knowledgebase documentation
- Produce, maintains and updates knowledgebase documentation.
- At least ten years of technical and business process experience in the related field
- Must be able to participate in a 24x7 on call manager rotation
- Excellent oral, written, email, and IM communication skills
- Great process of elimination and other problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment where multi-tasking is a must
- Broad understanding of technology such as UNIX/Linux, Windows Server, TCP/IP networking and SAN.
- Experience with Cloud technologies and virtualization
- Experience with network monitoring systems such as Nagios, Datadog, Splunk and other monitoring tools is a bonus Specific Technical Requirements:
- Hands-on experience identifying, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems using critical thinking and analytical skills, preferably in a service provider environment.
- Hands on experience with Linux/Windows administration and application resource utilization monitoring.
- Solid understanding of network concepts and troubleshooting skills, DNS, IP and network hardware
- Experience developing scripts for automating administrative tasks
- Experience with web server configuration and administration
- Experience with Microsoft and Cloud Infrastructure
- Active Directory domains, DNS, DHCP, Security, Group Policies, ACLs etc.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and virtualization software, AWS and VMWare
- Working familiarity with Mac OS X
- Strong knowledge of scripting in one or all of the following: BASH, Ruby, PHP
Personal Qualities :
- Positive collaborative attitude
- Self-motivated, capable of working with limited supervision, pro-actively reporting on status and tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and provide solutions to improve our systems and processes.
- Ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment with urgency, ownership, and accountability.
- Ability to accurately prioritize work items, make sound judgments.
- Motivate and grow individuals and a team