Executive at Ally-Executive
Views:89 Applications:18 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
.Net Development Manager - Database Technologies (11-14 yrs)
- Development Manager is a hands-on position responsible for the design, development, testing, management and maintenance of software modules and people management within the Auto Delivery team.
- Profile mix - 80% technical & 20% people management (MUST)
Duties and responsibilities :
- Manage a team of Developers, provide technical direction and manage project timelines, cost and quality
- Efficiently and effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical internal team members as well as third party client stakeholders.
- As needed, gather requirements and analyze, understand and translate those requirements into technical specifications.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations where necessary.
- Participate in code reviews and acceptance process in order to improve methodology and delivery.
- Perform and manage development in a high volume, multi-tiered, transactional environment.
Minimum qualifications :
- BE/B.Tech/MCA from an education institution of repute
- Must have 10+ years of total IT experience out of which minimum 2 years of team leading and project mgmt. experience, of 5+ team members in last 2 engagements. Should have managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have worked with globally distributed teams.
- Strong skills in database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle) including database development (T-SQL or PL/SQL, Triggers, Procedures)
- Must be able to discuss technical aspects of architecture /design / code issues directly with technical teams.
- Must have experience in planning, analyzing requirements, designing solutions and developing code using .net technologies.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is required.
- Must have experience with people management of 8+ developers. A strong desire to teach and mentor junior and mid-level developers and direct growth and goals of individual team members is essential.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills as well as a dedicated work ethic is a must.
- The ability to display strong problem solving skills and perform under pressure is required.
Preferred qualifications :
- Prior experience with enterprise class application/web development as developer or manager strongly preferred.