MySQL DBA Expert - Performance Tuning & Optimization (6-12 yrs)
Job Responsibilities :
- 6+ years of Experience in MYSQL DBA who can help us with the monitoring, maintenance and performance tuning while ensuring high levels of data availability and speed.
- You will be helping us trouble shoot DB bottle necks and help optimize the DB servers in order to get the most out of them.
- Will also want someone with knowledge of DB clustering and the ability to perform database load testing and benchmarking. Someone with vast knowledge of Linux and systems administration level Shell Scripting.
Knowledge and skill :
- Experience administering different MySQL table/join/engine types
- Experience with MySQL replication, high performance content delivery, performance tuning/optimization (query optimization, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning)
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL as a Database Administrator in a production environment
- Experience with checking for data consistency between master and slaves.
- Solid understanding and experience in disaster recovery and high availability, planning, and implementations.
- Troubleshoot database issues; maintain database systems availability and scalability
- Experience with installation, configuration and upgrades of MySQL.
- Experience with MySQL backup and restore. Experience with schema refresh and database creation
- Experience with PL/SQL Programming, Triggers, Events and Procedures.
- Provide possible daily support as well as on-call support for MySQL environment, migrations, and upgrades, including database definition, structure, documentation, and long-term hardware and storage requirements.
- Production database administration skills with MySQL are a plus Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to troubleshoot problems over the phone, and via email.
- Database Replication expertise & Couchbase server expertise.