AVP Recruitment at SquareRoot
Views:1088 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
MySQL DBA Expert - Database Administration & Support (8-12 yrs)
Position : MYSQL Database Administrator
Experience : 8 to 12 years
Location : Bangalore
Education and Qualifications/ Skills And Competencies :
BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech / MCA from recognized institutions.
Purpose And Objectives :
You are responsible for Operating Our Cloud Products. Team needs to ensure the various Productive landscapes are running well.
Work Experience :
- 8-12 years of overall database administration and support/operations experience, with a successful delivery track record.
- SME in MySQL database administration.
- Expertise in MySQL Cluster Replication methods and administration
- Experience in Master-Master/ Master-Slave replication and troubleshoot replication issues
- Experience working in large [50+] database instance environments with size ranging up-to 1TB having Master-Slave replications, group replication, InnoDB Cluster and DB Upgrades
- Should have played a L3 role in current position
- Experience of working in large landscape/environment where multiple database flavors are running.
- Knowledge on Database capacity planning/strategy is an added advantage
- Knowledge & Experience on other database flavors are added advantage
- Administration/ Operations is an added advantage.
- Hands on experience with expert knowledge of Unix/Linux flavors w.r.t Database.
- Good understanding of operational framework like ITIL/ITSM.
- Should be capable of Owning, Leading and coordinate operational tasks, customer escalations, process improvements.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills are a must.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS :
- Installation, Configurations and maintenance of database software
- Database upgrades, patching, migrations
- Develop and implement database backup and recovery solutions
- Control system resources usage, perform troubleshooting and diagnostics activities;
- Analyze resources usage (Infra and Database), analyze growth patterns, Perform Capacity planning for the Database Infrastructure.
- Collect and analyze database performance information; identify and implement solutions for performance problems
- Query optimization and tuning skills including cross database and cross server queries, analysis and troubleshooting interactions between databases, operating systems and applications with regard to performance and resources usage
- Experience in database programming concepts including structured query language, stored procedures and triggers
- Creating database tables, setting up indexes, data constraints and DB views Analyze, predict through trend analysis and resolve database system, storage and application issues
- Monitor SQL jobs in production and be responsible for load/hardware analysis mapping, fault tolerance and security.
- Evaluate and implement database technologies and utilities
- Review and implement database changes
- Provide timely response to system alerts and participate in the on-call schedule (if applicable)
- Participate in 24x7 rotation shift supporting production and non-production databases
- Drive Operational efficiency topics.
- Work closely with Internal/External Stakeholders, Development Architects/Managers & developers, across locations and ensure timely delivery.
- Excellent written and communication skills, Strong customer focus, highly motivated & Flexible
- Participate and contribute towards organization's goals and objectives, collaborating with multiple teams and solutions.