Recruiter at Atlantic Data Bureau Services Pvt. Ltd
Views:252 Applications:16 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
MySQL Database Administrator (3-8 yrs)
- As Database Administrator, you must primarily focus on providing support to the Development and QA teams on database requirements.
- Your role involves building ER (entity-relationship) diagrams, generating reports and handling the eBulk process, regular database purging activities, monitoring server back-ups, query optimisation and other DB maintenance tasks.
- You must also research on emerging technologies and new design approaches that will benefit the database management system at ADBS.
- Provision MySQL instances
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of MySQL databases
- Handle common database procedures, such as MySQL upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Writing scripts to automate the jobs
- Building and maintaining replication servers.
- Capacity Planning and database scaling
- Continuously research on the emerging products and enhancements.
- Ensure data integrity across all the systems
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of all database resources
The above list of key responsibilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the role holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills and experience:
- Technical graduate: BE/BCA/BSc/MCA or equivalent
- 3+ years in handling MYSQL DBA in live environment
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management in linux environment
- Good experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL's underlying storage engines especially InnoDB
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as triggers, functions, events, procedures etc.
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Should have working experience in linux servers and scripting languages.