Talent Engagement Specialist at Myntra Designs Pvt Ltd
Views:949 Applications:476 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:124
Myntra - Senior Software Engineer - Java/J2EE (3-6 yrs)
About Us :
Myntra.com is a one stop shop for all your fashion and lifestyle needs. Being India's largest online store for fashion and lifestyle products, Myntra.com aims at providing a hassle free and enjoyable shopping experience to shoppers across the country with the widest range of brands and products on offer.
The brand is making a conscious effort to bring the power of fashion to shoppers with an array of the latest and trendiest products available in the country.
Value Proposition :
Myntra.com's value proposition revolves around giving consumers the power and ease of purchasing fashion and lifestyle products online. Offerings such as the largest in-season product catalogue, Cash on Delivery, EMI facility and 30 day Returns / Exchange policy make Myntra.com, the preferred shopping destination in the country. To make online shopping easier for you, a dedicated customer connect team is on standby to assist you 24x7.
Myntra.com understands its shoppers' needs and caters to them with choice of apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear from over 600 leading Indian and international brands. Prominent brands include Adidas, Nike, Puma, United Colors of Benetton, FCUK, Timberland, CAT, FabIndia, Biba, Steve Madden and Catwalk to name a few. You can also shop from some recently introduced labels such as - Roadster, Mast & Harbour, Dressberry, Anouk and Kook N Keech.
- Awarded 'Fashion eRetailer of the Year 2013' by Franchise India - Indian eRetail Awards
- Awarded 'Best E-commerce Website for 2012' by IAMAI - India Digital Awards
- Awarded 'Images Most Admired Retailer of the Year: Non- Store Retail' for 2012 by
Images Group :
- CNBC - TV18 Young Turks Award as one of the - Hottest Internet Companies of the Year 2011-12
- Awarded 'Best E-commerce Partner of the year 2011-12 & 12-13' by Puma India
Business Unit And Role Overview :
Once orders are placed on the portal Myntra.com, starts a very elaborate order fulfillment and delivery workflow. A myriad of well integrated subsystems that handle these workflows, constitute the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) software. These systems run 24x7 to manage warehouse and logistics operations, deal with thousands of orders in a day, record-keep tens of millions of items in inventory and are able to handle hundreds of millions of transactions in the system.
A high-calibre Engineering team has built ERP systems from ground up on highly scalable Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). This group leverages cutting edge technologies to continuously optimize the inventory life while driving down storage and delivery costs and improving customer experience.
- Experience in testing and automation on Service Oriented Architectures ( REST ) with high scalability.
- Proficient in JAVA/JEE technology and one or more scripting languages is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases like Mysql/Oracle and good knowledge of SQL.
- Work in a cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during entire SDLC.
- Follow release cycles and commitment to deadlines.
- Experience level of 3 to 7 years of experience in very large scale applications
- Strong problem-solving skills, data structures.
- Experience with distributed systems handling a large amount of data.
- Excellent coding skills in Java/J2EE.
- Very good understanding of Web Technologies
- Very good understanding of any RDBMS and/or messaging platforms.
Qualifications : B Tech/BE in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed college.
Your Career :
- Being a relatively small sized Engineering team, individuals carry a lot of responsibility on their shoulders. Coming up with the designs of features, evaluating external libraries and frameworks, enhancing existing platform infrastructure, reviewing major architectural decisions, planning and executing deployments with minimal system downtimes is part of everyday job.
- For an individual with hunger to solve problems and who thrives on challenges, the opportunities at this place are practically limitless.