Mu Sigma - MSBI Developer - SSIS/SSRS/SSAS (2-6 yrs)
Job description :
Mu Sigma Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Big Data tops many a list of business priorities, thanks to its growing volume, velocity, and variety. However, it is not data, but change that is the cause of anxiety to organization, bringing with it greater complexity and more data.
- The challenge here is that analytical thinking isn't keeping pace with the rate of change in business. This is where we come in - we address the gaps.
- Mu Sigma is one of the world's largest Decision Sciences and analytics firm. We help over 140 Fortune 500 clients, across 10 industry verticals, to institutionalize data-driven decision making, and to harness Big Data. We provide our clients with a holistic ecosystem of proprietary technology platforms, processes and people. This ecosystem helps us scale the use of our unique interdisciplinary approach of combining math, business, technology, behavioral science and design thinking to operationalize Decision Science as opposed to Data Science.
- Our unique approach to problem solving using cross-industry expertise corroborates our sustainable engagement model with our clients still further, making us one of the most preferred analytics and Decision Sciences partners.
- With over 3500 Decision Sciences professionals, we pride in being a category and career defining company. As we continue to scale, we are also looking at hiring the right talent across various levels in our organization. Our unique talent management philosophy has been critically acclaimed by the likes of Harvard Business Review.
Role : MSBI Developer
Designation : Developer/Senior Developer
Experience : 2-6 years
Location : Bengaluru
Skillsets required : SQL Server 2008/2012/2016, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, DAX, Power BI
Role & responsibilities :
- Collaborate with developers, project managers and business analysts in conceptualizing, designing and developing new database applications, modules and enhancements.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, providing time estimates for programming tasks and implementation plans and schedules.
- Prepare and distribute work assignments, provide guidance, and/or review the work of local and offshore development team members.
- Responsible for developing estimates on related project work.
- Ability to work with developers, project managers, business analysts, account managers, architects and/or technical leads to achieve business and functional requirements. Ability to work with front end design team and/or tech lead to achieve functional requirements.
- Cooperate with the Quality Assurance team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results; assist Quality Assurance team in keeping the quality assurance environment in proper condition.
- Implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical database solutions.
- Deliver high-quality solutions to business owners to ensure alignment of technical solution with business objectives
- Lead a small team of developers through the development process.
- Familiarity with AGILE/Scrum development and should lead a Scrum team
Skills & Competencies :
- Proficient in customization and configuration of MSBI product suite
- Proficient in all three components of MSBI (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- Proficient in developing Power BI reports
- Should be able to design cubes for complex business requirements
- Should be able to write MDX queries
- Prior experience in end to end BI Implementation projects
- Performance tuning and optimization in SQL Server
- Proficient in writing T-SQL scripts
- Good to have exposure to data modeling, technical implementation of vendor products and practices
- Contributing to the thought capital through the creation of executive presentations, architecture documents, and IT position papers
- Provide best practice advice to customers and team members
- Very good experience in having designed and developed reports, scorecards and dashboards
- Prepare high - level Architecture designs for the SSAS/SSRS reporting solutions.
- Identify the performance bottle-necks in the report and resolve the same