Mu Sigma - Big Data Engineer - Spark & Scala (2-6 yrs)
Role : Developer/Senior Developer/Lead Bigdata Engineer
Experience : 2-8 years
Location : Bengaluru
Role & responsibilities :
- Collaborate with developers, project managers and business analysts in conceptualizing, designing and developing new database applications, modules and enhancements.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, providing time estimates for programming tasks and implementation plans and schedules.
- Responsible for developing estimates on related project work.
- Ability to work and collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts, account managers, architects and/or technical leads to achieve business and functional requirements. Ability to work with front end design team and/or tech lead to achieve functional requirements.
- Implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical database solutions.
- Deliver high-quality solutions to business owners to ensure alignment of technical solution with business objectives
- Conduct research on emerging database and application development software products, languages, and standards
- Maintain a current awareness of technological developments and trends as it relates to databases, development methodologies and tools.
- Work with multiple teams to guide them through best practices to meet industry standards in the entire software development life cycle
- Familiarity with AGILE/Scrum development
Skills & Competencies :
- Must have executed multiple projects on BigData platform using Hive, Pig, Shell Scripting, HDFS, Spark, Scala, Kafka
- Must have good knowledge on any one of the RDBMS language SQL Server/Oracle/DB2/SAP HANA/MySQL
- Expertise in SQL, T-SQL/PL SQL concepts
- Must have good knowledge on any one of ETL [SSIS/Ab Initio/Pentaho/Informatica/] tool along with data warehouse, data mart concepts
- Experience with SQL at an expert level and creating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros
- Experience in optimizing and tuning of long running SQL queries
- Experience in developing end to end solutions, right from requirement gathering to deployment
- Good to have exposure to NoSQL database systems Cassandra/Mongo DB etc
- Exposure to Cloud Migration [AWS/Azure/GCP] is an added advantage
We are NOT looking for people who want to work only on specific tools and technologies. Must be open to learn new tools & technologies quickly and implement