Global Talent Associate at Mpower Financing
Views:1909 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Mpower Financing - Senior Business Analyst - Engineering (3-6 yrs)
THE COMPANY :
MPOWER's borderless loans enable students from around the world to realize their full potential by attending top universities in the U.S. and Canada. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a strong roster of VC and PE firms, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you- ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN BANGALORE, INDIA AND REPORTING TO THE MANAGER OF ENGINEERING
THE ROLE :
You will be directly responsible for managing technical requirements on a multi-platform solution, driving technology decisions based on analytics, and ensuring on-time and accurate delivery of technical enhancements. This includes activities such as :
- Eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, competitive product analysis, and/or task and workflow analysis
- Conducting usability labs and developing other student-centered methods to optimize user interactions that improve the overall customer experience and drive business outcomes
- Working with the business unit owners to define and document the solution's vision and scope
- Working with engineering team to develop functional requirement documents
- Breaking down high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of technical detail suitable for use by engineering team
- Leading requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, and verifiable
- Using research and analysis to identify emerging approaches, technology, and solutions that can be leveraged in the implementation of identified requirements
- Working with engineering team to create estimates to determine duration and level of complexity for functional scope items
THE QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Financial Services (consumer credit, education financing, or online lending platforms), with a background in consulting a plus
- Experience performing current and future state analysis for IT systems
- 1-2 years of consumer-focused product design and usability experience highly desirable
- Ability to interview and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
Advanced analytical skills :
- Evaluate the information gathered, reconcile conflicts
- Decompose high-level information into details
- Distinguish presented business requests from the underlying true needs
- Distinguish solutions from requirements
- Strong communication skills, to relay information effectively to business unit owners, engineering team, and executive management
- Ability to create documentation that is leveled for both business and technical users
- A demonstrated working knowledge of agile software development
- Demonstrated experience working with PHP LAMP, Salesforce, and Google Cloud, and Amazon Cloud infrastructure
- Spanish language skills, a plus
- A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.