Global Talent Associate at Mpower Financing
Views:421 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Mpower Financing - Quality Assurance Engineer - Manual/Automation Testing (5-7 yrs)
THE COMPANY :
MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher education at top U.S. and Canadian universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by Venture Capital and Private Equity firms, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you'll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We value feedback and emphasize personal and professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN BANGALORE, INDIA AND REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
THE ROLE :
You will be working with a team of engineers to ensure the health, stability and overall quality of the web applications. You will work in a fast paced agile environment delivering a high-quality product by creating test cases and testing new features in our bi-weekly product releases. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Translating business requirements into testing solutions
- Ensuring the products conform to the business requirements and software quality standards
- Writing and executing test plans for functional, regression, integration, performance and user acceptance testing
- Managing testing process and developing test automation framework
- Evaluating tools and solutions according to the testing requirements and strategies
- Developing metrics, procedures, objectives and methods to assess QA progress
- Participating in planning and execution of all phases of Quality Assurance end to end
- Tracking and presenting QA metrics including coverage, quality and performance to the team lea
- Creating thorough documentation and communicating well with cross functional teams to deliver great quality product
THE QUALIFICATIONS :
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5+ years of overall QA experience
- Experience managing a QA team is a plus
- Experience with test automation strategies and tools like selenium
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance processes and techniques
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.