Global Talent Associate at Mpower Financing
Views:227 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Mpower Financing - Front End Developer - PHP/Laravel Framework (3-7 yrs)
We enable students from around the world to attend top U.S. universities by removing financial barriers to higher-education. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields - all passionate about access to higher-education and financial inclusion. As a FinTech startup funded by a prominent private equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges to economic mobility. We work hard, have fun, and believe in our mission. For us, it's personal.
As a member of our team, you'll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN OUR BANGALORE, INDIA OFFICE AND WILL REPORT DIRECTLY TO THE SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
You will be working with a team of engineers to build and support web applications using the latest technologies. You will work in a fast paced agile environment delivering a high-quality product with a focus on continuous innovation. This includes activities such as:
- Developing dynamic web applications using PHP and other web technologies and leverage REST services and other third-party APIs
- Contributing to all phases of the Development lifecycle
- Developing and deploying new features while maintaining existing features by following SDLC best practices and industry standards
- Documenting all your work and communicating well with different business units
- Working with cross functional teams to architect solutions, create estimations, minimize complexity and deliver a world class platform
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of full-stack development experience
- Working knowledge of PHP and LARAVEL framework
- Ability to create and consume custom SOAP and REST APIs
- Experience writing unit tests and familiarity with the test-driven development approach
- Version Control experience using Git
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud-Based Systems
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with Open source technologies
- Experience in developing systems with high reliability and scalability
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.