Global Talent Associate at Mpower Financing
Views:161 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Mpower Financing - Engineering Manager (7-10 yrs)
THE COMPANY :
- MPOWER's borderless loans enable students from around the world to realize their full potential by attending top universities in the U.S. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a strong roster of VC and PE firms, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
- As a member of our team, you'll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
- b- THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN BANGALORE, INDIA AND WILL REPORT DIRECTLY TO THE SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING- /b-
THE ROLE :
You'll be the first point of contact for the technology team in India. You will oversee day to day development and quality assurance of technology products that will be developed in house. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to :
- Defining, promoting and enforcing architecture frameworks, principles, standards and guidelines for the technology team.
- Working with cross-functional teams to translate customer feedback into Engineering.
- Developing and track key team KPIs to drive execution and identify opportunities for operational improvement.
- Collaborating closely with product and operations teams to continuously innovate on cutting edge technology products.
- Leading and mentoring a team of engineers and help them approach problems in a structured manner
- Working in concert with engineering leadership to develop a culture of autonomy, ownership, and innovation across the team
THE QUALIFICATIONS :
- Advanced degree from U.S., Canada or UK in a technical field such as computer science or engineering
- 7-10 years of software development experience
- 3-5 years of experience leading a full life-cycle software development team
- Superior project management skills
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking to complicated problems for timely and effective resolution
- Strong ability to mentor team members to ensure continued technical growth and progression in their career trajectory
- A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
- In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.