Moodys - Full Stack Python Developer - Django/Flask (5-7 yrs)
Basic Information :
Position Title : Senior Quantitative Developer (Python) Grade/Level Delivery Lead/Delivery Manager
Department : Quantitative Services
Location : Bangalore
Organizational Relationships : Position reporting to Assistant Director, Quantitative Services
No. of Direct Reports NA
Job Purpose :
- The Quantitative Services group at Moody's Analytics Knowledge Services provides quantitative analytics and technology solutions to a breadth of banks, insurance firms and other types of financial institutions.
- We are looking for a Team Lead (Full Stack) who will be responsible for building & and helping the team build & scale applications.
- You will work with a team of energetic individuals who are passionate about work and exposure to new technologies.
- You will work in a dynamic team environment to develop high quality releases using the agile software development methodology. Passion for software development and quality is a must.
Key Responsibilities :
Functional Responsibilities :
- Manage and enhance modular and object-oriented open source python code libraries
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Explore design implications and work towards appropriate balance between functionality, performance, and maintainability
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions such as database
- Working with a cross-discipline team of User Experience, Visual Design, Project Management, Development and testing
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good coding practices and habits
- Proficiency in Python or PHP software development on Linux platforms, or on Windows
Job Requirements :
Qualifications - Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in an analytical subject with supporting academic and/or professional experience developing code.
Experience - 5+ years of Python experience as a full-stack Python developer
- Strong full-stack web-development in Python and a front-end framework (Flask / Django, Vue.js, React, Angular)
- Strong data modelling & utilizing ORMs such as SQLAlchemy and time-series store e.g. Arctic
- Fluent in Python for building significant packages and systems.
- Experience in working within a technology team, in a financial institution building products with a high SLA.
- Commitment to continuous integration, TDD and other SDLC best practices
- Proven track record in software design, development and support
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Well-experienced in use of quantlib, pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, scipy packages
Functional Competencies :
- Knowledge in Machine learning techniques and Numerical Analysis will be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of scientific programming and numerical computation
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and VBA applications
- Research mindset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Behavioral Competencies :
- Excellent team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conceptual thinking and ability to challenge traditional thought process
- Ability to work efficiently in an unstructured environment
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task and work under high-pressure situations
- Build strong relationships and network across different business lines