Product Head at Momspresso
Views:483 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Momspresso - Backend Developer - Python/PHP (2-7 yrs)
Job description :
Momspresso is India's largest multi-lingual, user-generated content platform for Mums with 15 million of them visiting the site every month. The site has over 8000 bloggers who blog in 6 different languages. It also hosts the first dedicated video channel for mothers called Momspresso TV.
Our mission, over the next 5 years, is to have 100mn Mothers use the platform and generate Rs 500 crs of annual revenue.
This is a hugely exciting and challenging task and calls for passion, determination and just plain hard work to make it happen .
Other than posessing the necessary skills for the role, we- d love to meet you if you've done any of the following :
- Taken a real risk beyond playing cards at Diwali.
- Followed a passion even if it means pursuing your partner/spouse.
- Done something you really believed in, especially when no one else did.
- Faced adversity and bounced back from it.
- Travelled extensively beyond home and work.
- Played a sport, other than in office.
We are looking for engineers who :
- Love to read high scalability.com (ok, if you are not reading it you can still apply, but please start reading it)
- Know how to code well designed and secure restful web services.
- Love to debug performance issues of a website.
- Know when to use NoSQL and various caching solutions such as Redis, memcache, etc.
- Wonder about the problems involved in scaling out. Have experience working on data algorithms.
Skills Required :
- 2-7 years of experience in working on back end development
- Experience with PHP web services and Python is essential
- Experience with databases like MySQL, DynamoDB and MongoDB essential
- Experience with caching DBs like Redis and Memcache essential
- Experience with working NodeJS is added benefit
- Familiarity with creating RESTful APIs that are scalable and fast
- Familiarity working with Queueing services like SQS and RabbitMQ
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience with machine learning and algorithm development added benefit