Manager - Recruitment at Mindseed
Views:772 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Mindseed - Senior Visual Designer - Gaming (3-5 yrs)
Immerz is an unusual technology company that is combining the best of learning theory with the best of gaming to create extremely engaging learning experiences. Over the last few years, mem-bers of our founding team have helped build schools where technology is used to personalise learning, have taught children from the age group of 3 yrs all the way upto senior classes, and have worked very closely with parents to gain a deep understanding of their problems and aspirations. We are now using this experience to build Immerz - a Math learning game which uses Augmented Reality to make Math come alive for children all over the world.
If that intrigues you let me tell you a little bit about what you would do.
- You would be working as the Principal Game Designer, coordinating with the development team to convert ideas on paper into an actual game.
- Over a typical sprint you will create game mechanics over brainstorming sessions with the core team.
- You will contribute to the ever evolving game design document, produce artwork, integrate it with code, and observe players as they play the game to get firsthand feed-back.
- You will work with the content team to convert learning techniques into interesting games.
- You will research cutting edge trends in game design and technology and adapt them into our products.
- You will create narratives and characters that will intrigue and motivate players to put in more and more time in practicing Math. Oh and through all this you will also be doing Customer Support, because everybody in the product team does customer support!
- You would basically own the design of the game end-to-end and this needs a very diverse mix of skills - gaming mechanics, visual design, illustration, narrative design, user research, written and verbal communication.