Human Resource at MasterMind Consultancy
Views:83 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Middleware Administrator - TCP/IP/DNS/DHCP (10-15 yrs)
Job description :
This role is for a Unix L3 specialist to the Unix team in Asia with the following responsibilities :
- Proactive health & hygiene tasks to maintain operational stability and compliance for risk & control programs to ensure the production environment is not put at risk.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to test and certify new hardware & software products and engage with clients to understand business demand, needs & support during outage scenarios.
- Weekend project work responsibilities to on-board new UNIX assets for growth or large programs such as new datacenter build outs.
A) Skills Required :
- 10+ years of Unix/Linux Administration Enterprise Level Experience in large distributed environment.
- 3+ years of experience in leading technical teams
- Experience of Project Management, Incident & Change Management and Reporting
- In-depth knowledge Linux (Red-hat) with good knowledge in Solaris.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP and associated technologies (NFS, NIS, DNS, DHCP)
- Detailed knowledge of NTP/Time Keeper, Time synchronization technologies
- In-depth knowledge in Firmware upgrade on various vendor servers
- Programming level knowledge of at least Korn Shell and Perl.
- Ability to troubleshoot, resolve complex problems, with a fix-it once for everywhere and automation mentality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
- The individual should have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high-pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution
B) Skills Desired :
- Knowledge of Veritas Cluster Server or similar high availability product
- Veritas Volume Manager
- Prior experience working in the financial services industry