Technical Recruiter at Microsoft India
Views:648 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Microsoft India - SQL Development Professional (5-12 yrs)
Microsoft is looking forward to hire SQL Server Professionals from Pune and Mumbai Locations
Would you like to be part of a world class IT org that is leading the way in terms of bringing real-time IT to customers- Are you passionate about taking on big challenges and delivering industry-leading enterprise systems- Do you enjoy partnering with business owners across Microsoft to solve challenging customer problems- Do you have a proven ability to work in a results-driven environment that is focused on routinely shipping high value systems- Are you recognized by your peers as someone driving a tight ship, collaborating with others and leading with innovative solutions- Then Microsoft IT can well be THE place for you. Microsoft IT will help Microsoft achieve its full potential by transforming it into a Real-Time Enterprise, delighting customers & inspiring the industry with our use of Microsoft technology.
Microsoft IT- India practices process methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Six Sigma to improve its operational excellence and efficiency. It's the state-of-the art, leading edge Microsoft technologies along with the world-class process rigor that makes it an employer of choice. MSIT-India has grown to deliver almost 50% of Microsoft IT applications requirements. Besides, it also manages Microsoft's global data centers, corporate network, 10,000+ servers and various other infrastructure management activities from Hyderabad.
We Deliver IT Solutions and Services that drive Innovation and Business Value.
High level overview
- Candidates must have solid understanding of latest SQL Server & BI technology in a development environment including Visual Studio.NET in a team setting. Should be proficient in Design, Development of large complex Enterprise databases using Microsoft SQL Technologies. They should have very good understanding and knowledge of SSIR, SSRS, SSAS, PoverPivot etc. As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will work closely with team and architects to design and build features using Microsoft Technology. Create high level and low level detail designs in accordance with standards documentation. Participate in design reviews and code inspections in order to find defects early and ensure production quality. Design and develop high quality code in accordance with privacy, security, and coding standards guidelines. Become proficient with all features and usage of all the software applications within your subject area. Work with development, test, PM and architect partners. Candidates should be adept at working cross-group with other teams, as our development projects are often coordinated with other teams around the world.
Responsibilities and Common tasks include
- To work effectively with highly talented Project team member in a cross-group collaboration manner.
- Propose Architectures & Design for Application Databases.
- Technology Evaluation and recommendation for database architecture problems
- Demonstrate architectural implementation via design and code that has been unit tested for performance and can be used as development exemplar.
- Participate in design, architecture, and code reviews
- Influence engineering team's implementation methodology.
- Responsible for Design and development of multiple feature areas / big applications/databases.
- Ensures Design adheres to Design Quality Standards and complies with security, privacy, usability and performance standards of Microsoft
- Providing time and resource estimates for features / applications
- Ensures owned feature areas / applications are delivered to business on time with the expected quality
- Proactively identifies opportunities for Reuse within the applications and across the group
Desired Educational qualification: BE/BTech/MCA or equivalent
Required (Must Have)
Experience: Overall 8+ years of hands-on development experience
- 6+ years of hands-on T-SQL, Optimized Query writing, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting & development experience.
- 6+ years of hands-on BI development experience
- Should have strong programming skill with ability to write optimized and reusable code
- Demonstrated experience designing & developing databases for enterprise applications using MS SQL Server 2005 or above version.
- Should be Proficient on following areas
- Strong T-SQL writing experience
- Query optimization, Index optimization etc.
- Strong BI Skills using SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power Pivot etc.
- Strong knowledge on using DB Projects
- Should have following design skills
- Strong understanding of Data Modeling, pros and cons and best practices.
- Understanding of Enterprise scale technology and developing large scale out solutions.
- Ability to create Physical Architecture of the application databases.
- Knowledge on Unit testing Patterns
- Should have Experience/Knowledge on following Engg Practices
- Experience on various development methodology & Various SDLC Processes
- Experience on UT Automation
- Experience on Requirement/Design/Code Review & Inspections
- Experience on Estimation Practices: Effort and Schedule
- Exposure to Dev metrics - SQLCAT, Defect Density, Code Coverage, Review Effectiveness, Defect Removal Efficiency etc
- Sound problem analysis, resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated history of making decisions, accepting ownership for decisions, and adhering to decisions once made.
- The ability to deal with conflict and multiple constituencies and manage multiple simultaneous objectives is imperative.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation - to peers, executives, cross culture).
- Strong work ethic and a desire to drive successful solution delivery
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and new techniques.
- Display high degree of Confidence and ability to work in ambiguous situations
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of .NET & C#, PowerShell Scripting
- Knowledge on SharePoint Technology
- Knowledge on OData
- Knowledge on Microsoft SQL Azure Technologies
Email your resumes
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.