Microland - System Engineer - Linux/Unix Administration (7-12 yrs)
Please find below the JD for your reference :
Education and Experience :
- 7-12 Years & willing to work in 24x7 rotation shift, Linux/Unix administration
- 10+2+3 years, BE, Diploma, MCA, BCA, Bsc, Msc
- Resolution of software, hardware and networking tickets
Below are mandatory skill :
Linux/Unix/Solaris Troubleshooting :
- Boot Problems, SSH
- Bash Scripting must, Python scripting preferable
- Memory management, Process management
- Escalating to next level for assistance, if the issue is not resolved by system Engineer. Escalation would be to Client L3 system Engineer.
- Resolving incoming trouble tickets. Tickets are communicated through and resolved in Jira or through direct walk up.
- Monitor Slack messaging system, may need to enter a ticket for requests made via Slack.
- Support services will be provided from 24X7, On call Rotation
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills on Hardware, DNS, Server build, Network
- Handle Server performance issues
- The System Engineer could also receive via a ticket tasks that need to be completed on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. Such tasks could include, but aren't limited to auditing, proactive health checks, etc. All such tasks would be assigned via Jira ticketing system and needs to be resolved under defined SLA.
- Hardware: Work on Automated fault tickets - Tickets created for hardware failures related to RAM, Controllers, Disks etc.
- New devices setup - Clone/Install new compute nodes with operating system image and application packages
- Application support like Configuration Management, DNS, DHCP, email, FTP etc.
- User account management and troubleshooting skills
- Monitor and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency, Tickets would be created on need basis via Jira to track the progress
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnosing production problems; corrects identified problems - requests would be generated via JIRA ticketing system
- Server hardware Move, Build, migrate as required
- Training - Induction, new products, refreshers, lunch & learn
- Additionally, to attend meetings with US counterparts which would be outside of business hours for discussing on improvements, handover of daily jobs if any to keep up with process & procedures updates.
Overview of System Infrastructure :
- Cisco 220/240
- RHEL 6/7, Solaris T4/T5/T7, CentOS
- Dell R series
- Puppet & CFEngine
DBs Overview :
- Oracle /Teradata/Pinot (Main DBs)
- MySQL /CouchBase/Venice/Voldemort/Pambry (Has presence in environment)
- Expresso developed as own DB customized